The Patient Meal Services Supervisor is responsible for supervision of patient meal service. This includes training, assignment and supervision of all departmental supervisory and front line staff engaged in providing food service to patients as directed in accordance with regulatory guidelines established by Joint Commission, State and local authorities.
- As a member of the supervisory team, participates in rounding with patients and staff to promote and assure service excellence.
- Prepares work schedules for employees in pod (meal) service and sanitation areas in accordance with budgeted FTEs. Monitors and controls labor hours to assure budgetary compliance. Approves timecards for employees in assigned areas.
- Oversees quality assurance activities for main kitchen and sanitation areas (i.e., temperature logs, test trays, etc), taking appropriate action for remediation when required.
- Plans and participates in the departmental orientation, training, development, and competency evaluations of food service associates assigned to pod (meal) service and sanitation.
- Conducts Supervisors' performance evaluations. Reviews employees' annual performance evaluations to insure timely completion.
- Collaborates with department management to assess needs, design and present training. Schedules and maintains records of mandatory and non-mandatory in-service training for all Food & Nutrition Department employees.
- Registered Dietitian (RD) or Registered Dietetic Technician credential. Minimum of Associate's degree in Food and Nutrition.
- Three (3) to five (5) years supervisory experience in an acute healthcare Food Services Department.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!