The role of the Assistant Nurse Manager is to coordinate unit activities, foster a positive work environment, and oversee patient care based on individualized needs of the patient and his/her family. The Assistant Nurse Manager works closely with the Nurse Manager, providing coverage in her/his absence.
- Directly and indirectly supervising staff of Registered Nurses, Nursing Assistants, Maternity or Patient Care Techs, Nursing Unit Secretaries
- Promoting patient satisfaction and a positive work environment
- Conducting daily patient rounds on assigned unit and Nursing Quality Improvement activities on the unit
- Assisting the Nurse Manager in planning for and implementing mechanisms to encourage growth and development of staff
- Assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care activities considering growth and development factors appropriate to age in collaboration with the Nurse Manager
- Coordinating monthly staff meetings in collaboration with nurse manager; encourages open communication of unit specific issues
- Working in collaboration with nurse manager in completing and providing input for annual performance appraisals
- Conducting employee rounds; identifying and communicating trends to nurse manager, and implementing actions to address trends identified. Reviewing employee satisfaction survey; provides input to nurse manager in the development of actions plans
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing; BSN required. Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of New Jersey. Minimum of three (3) years experience in specialty
- Certification in clinical specialty or leadership certification within one year of hire into the position
- BLS certification, as appropriate to the nursing unit, as approved by the American Heart Association. Other certifications (i.e. NRP, PALS, ACLS) as required by specialty
- Strong oral and written communication skills: the ability to effectively related to patients, families, physicians and diverse levels within the organization
- Supervisory experience desired, which may include prior charge nurse, committee leadership, etc.
- Computer skills related to the electronic health record, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
Sign Up For Job Alerts!