The Access Representative supports Emergency Department Registration by obtaining necessary demographic and financial information and entering data and clinical orders into the registration and clinical information systems.
- Assigning a unique medical record number to each patient to ensure accurate patient identification.
- Obtaining legal signatures for treatment and Hospital reimbursement for services provided.
- Collecting payment in full inclusive of co-payment and deposits.
- Preparing the patient's chart and communicating patient rights and responsibilities.
- Coordinating clerical functions which support the department and promoting an orderly work flow.
- High school Diploma or equivalent required.
- Strong computer skills including MS Office, ability to quickly learn in-house patient record system.
- Strong customer service and teamwork skills.
- Ability to work weekends and holidays.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!