Make a difference at Saint Peter's! By counseling and advising our patients and their families during a stressful time, you will make a direct impact fiscally and be a support system to those in need. Your excellent interpersonal skills and compassionate, professional demeanor will be key in performing accurate and effective financial interviews providing counseling and advice.
What you'll do:
- Interview patients both inpatient and outpatient, to determine financial eligibility and screen for financial assistance.
- Counsel patients and/or families with empathy and concern and secure adequate resources for patients and families based upon assessed needs at the time of the interview.
- Maintain a complete, accurate and systematic set of records for all financial transactions on all indigent patients.
What you bring:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1 or more years of experience in public contact work (interviewing preferred).
- A high level of analytical abilitiy necessary to assess patient needs following policies, rules and regulations for the hospital as well as for State and Federal Agencies.
- Admitting or financial counseling and medical billing experience preferred.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!