Pre-Certification Financial Counseling assures reimbursement for admission and outpatient services at the time of scheduling by identifying third party payor requirements and obtaining the necessary authorization for payment prior to admission.
What you'll do:
- Act as a financial interpreter for patients, physicians and employees.
- Perform quality audits, monitor trends in categories and share survey data and performance goals with management and staff.
- Monitor transfers from other facilities in order to prevent payment denials.
What you bring:
- High school diploma or equivalent with medical terminology and data entry experience.
- Two years previous health care experience and knowledge of ICD 9 & 10 and CPT 4 codes preferred.
- Excellent organizational, planning and interpersonal skills.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!