The Maintenance Shift Mechanic ensures proper and effective operation of Hospital and CARES building utilities and equipment during evening and night shifts.
Evening and weekend availability needed.
- Performing corrective and preventive maintenance in accordance with the work order system.
- Responding to emergency calls (fire, elevators, nurse call, etc.) within 5 minutes of receipt.
- Performing emergency repairs to equipment in a timely manner.
- Exhibiting and maintaining expertise with mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, (low-pressure boiler) plumbing, HVAC (chillers) and electrical systems on a continuing basis.
- Displaying appropriate knowledge of the mechanical, electrical and plumbing trades. Exhibiting familiarity with all tools and testing equipment needed to perform job tasks effectively and performing work assignments in a safe manner.
- High school Diploma or equivalent required. Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions.
- A general understanding of mechanical, plumbing, electrical equipment and operations normally acquired through similar on-the-job training and 3-5 years related experience.
- Must have a Black Seal in Low-Pressure Boiler Operations and be familiar with the operation of chillers (screw machine type).
- Must be familiar with and exercise precautions for working near live electrical equipment and hazards associated with operating mechanical equipment; i.e. boilers and chillers.
- Available for all 3 shifts, but primarily 2nd and 3rd shift, including weekends.rs (screw machine type).
Saint Peter's Healthcare System https://saintpetershcs.applicantpro.com
Sign Up For Job Alerts!