The Labor and Delivery Director is a full-time position - 48 Hours per week (four 12-hour shifts per week). The director works with physicians, nurses, obstetric providers, Ob/Gyn residents, and the Chairman of Obstetrics and Gynecology to adopt and incorporate quality initiatives, understand economic considerations, and increase physician/hospital alignment. The Director is responsible for the development of strategic plans to maximize the effectiveness of Labor and Delivery services at the facility and achieve the best possible outcomes. This includes planning and management.
- Provides effective and responsive leadership for Labor & Delivery services
- Demonstrates qualities of a role model, clearly focused on the goals and objectives of services and the facility
- Demonstrates excellent skills in all forms of communication, and works well with others in the spirit of teamwork and cooperation
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written skills, including the ability to write extensive proformas, proposals, and reports, the ability to deliver effective presentations and speeches, and the ability to share this knowledge with others
- Maintains organizational performance goals
- Proactively supports the delivery of quality of service and promotes this as a fundamental value of employment at the facility
- Develops strategic planning for the service.
- Demonstrates excellent resource management, including awareness of cost and reimbursement implications for the facility. Serves as role model for others in this area.
- Adheres to established hospital and department guidelines and protocols. Supports the hospital mission, vision, and values
- Communicates effectively as hospital/system advocate to members of the community, continually seeks ways to promote the organization to the public
- Assures that implementation of standards of professional practice occurs, reviewing and revising according to policy/guidelines or as necessary to reflect changes in practice and to ensure safe, effective, and efficient patient care with high-quality outcomes.
- Develops collaborative models for structured communications and strategic, program and quality initiatives-that involve the L&D Operating Room, Mother-Baby Unit, Labor & Delivery unit, Special Care Nursery, Nursery, Ante-natal testing, the Lactation, and patient education programs. and ensures high standards of care
- Education will be provided to all members on Labor and Delivery via didactics and Simulation training
- The Labor and Delivery Director will co-chair the Ob Suite committee
- Must have a cooperative mindset with the private Ob/Gyn physician to enable Labor and delivery to run efficiently and smoothly
- Board-certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- At least 10 years of Ob/Gyn and Labor delivery experience
- New Jersey License to practice Medicine
- Prior Labor and Director of Ob experience is preferred
- Prior Ob/Gyn Division director experience is preferred with emphasis in Labor and Delivery management skills
- Operative Obstetrics experience is strongly desired
- The Director of Labor and Delivery will be responsible for the training of Obstetrics and Gynecology residents and medical students as they rotate through Labor Delivery
- Education will involve hands-on training in Obstetrical and Gynecologic procedures, Fetal heart rate tracing reading and interpretation, bedside rounds. Academic teaching will be performed via Didactic Lectures and Simulation training Journal club presentations as they relate to Labor and delivery topics will also be presented as part of the didactics role.
- The Labor and Delivery Director will be actively responsible for the provision of Obstetrical and Gynecologic care of the teaching service patients and will supervise the Ob/Gyn residents in the care of this patient group
- A total of 25% of the Labor and Delivery Director's time will be spent on administrative duties in the management of Labor and Delivery (such as developing and applying new guidelines) and educational responsibilities.
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!