Join the team as a Medical Assistant/Office Coordinator!
In accordance with professional Nursing standards, this unique opportunity skillfully administers patient care based on individualized needs of assigned patients and families, including but not limited to age-specific care throughout the life-span. This position also coordinates the clerical functions which support the department, and is responsible for promoting an orderly work flow within the department. This position also serves as a Medical Assistant to the physicians and is responsible for all the clerical and billing functions.
- Responsible for obtaining personal information.
- Orients staff on office protocols and procedures related to all aspects of the various practice.
- Manages patient appointments. Responsible for scheduling and registration of patients, cash/ copay collection / deposits
- Make any necessary follow up appointments, scheduling appropriate tests and procedures.
- Obtain insurance information from patients.
- Verify accuracy of information, such as all demographics, insurance and ID number, policy holders and secondary insurance.
- Utilize provider websites and verify information with patients for accuracy before entering registration in the designated registration system.
- A high school diploma or equivalent with medical terminology and data entry experience.
- Experience in an office environment and working knowledge of MS Office.
- The skills required for proper specimen collection, including patient preparation, if applicable, labeling, handling, preservation or fixation, processing and preparation transportation and storage of specimens.
- Bilingual Spanish/English strongly preferred.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!