Saint Peter's is seeking a part time Nursing Unit Secretary to join the team on our Adult Medicine Unit.
This position is benefits eligible! 24 hours per week during the evening shift- 3p-11:30p.
The Nursing Unit Secretary will be tasked with keeping the Unit running smoothly and efficiently.
- Serving as the central focus of communication for the Patient-Care Unit.
- Coordinating the clerical functions of the Unit- assisting with charting, admissions and discharges, etc.
- Maintaining organization within Nurse's station to promote an orderly workflow.
- Receiving, sorting, and organizing all interdepartmental communications.
- Scheduling and coordinating special patient appointments with other departments as directed by Health Care Team Members within an appropriate amount of time.
- Answering call bells and assisting as appropriate
- Answering a high volume of phone calls
- Welcoming and assisting all visitors to the unit
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Strong computer skills and a comfortability in learning new programs.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Ability to deal effectively and courteously with a diverse group of Hospital personnel, patients, and visitors.
- Excellent time management and a sense of urgency when necessary.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!