Patient Care Tech - Adult Ambulatory Care
The Patient Care Tech skillfully administers total patient care based upon the individual needs of the ambulatory patient and his/her family in accordance with professional nursing standards.
- Assisting with the ambulatory patient's arrival and discharge during a patient session.
- Monitoring basic physiological parameters.
- Providing direct patient care in accordance with the procedures of the various patient sessions and providing for patient hygiene, comfort and safety.
- Demonstrating proficiency and understanding of blood specimen procurement within scope of practice.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Successful completion of Nursing Assistant or Patient Care Tech training program.
- Work requires the ability to communicate, interpret and respond verbally and in writing to or for patients, family members, and patient care team members in order to document completion of patient care tasks on activity sheets and/or patient chart; to communicate patient needs to appropriate care provider; to support patient education; and to facilitate team goals and effectiveness.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!