Responsible for direct coordination of skilled and semi-skilled carpenters and painters. Performs a variety of skilled carpentry, including construction or repair work, design, installation and fabrication of casework, maintenance, job inspections and safety checks to keep the Medical Center and facilities in effective operating condition. Leads members of specific shops and performs the functions of Carpenters to maintain the facilities of the Medical Center.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Ability to read, comprehend and transmit complicated and detailed instructions.
- A comprehensive understanding of the carpentry program or similar on-the-job training and 3-5 years of related carpentry experience.
- A general understanding of the carpentry trade normally acquired through an apprentice carpentry program or similar on-the-job training and 4-8 related carpentry experience.
- Ability to meet deadlines, to concentrate and pay attention to details up to 50% of the time.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to deal effectively and in a courteous manner with Medical Center Personnel up to 50% of the time.
- Work requires prolonged standing over 90% of the time and the ability to walk, climb ladders, lift and carry objects up to 20 pounds 50% of the time and heavy objects up to 50 pounds 5% of the time.
- Work requires exposure to unpleasant odors up to 10% of the time
Sign Up For Job Alerts!