The Mammography Technologist will perform mammography and DEXA procedures as ordered by a physician. They will assist the radiologist and/or radiology resident during interventional mammography.
This position will be covering a leave until the new year working ideally a minimum of 3 shifts per week. After the new year the per diem would provide coverage for vacation/callouts and work at least one Saturday shift per month.
- Assisting with scheduling appointments and other clerical duties as needed.
- Preparing patients for diagnostic and interventional mammography procedures.
- Performing required quality control procedures on the mammography equipment.
- Accurately producing mammograms and bone mineral density studies (DEXA) that are able to be interpreted by the radiologist.
- New Jersey license to practice Radiologic Technology and current ARRT registration in mammography.
- Requires a working knowledge of the X-Ray, mammography and computer technology normally found within the Radiology Department.
- Possesses the sensitivity and skills to effectively interact with patients, Physicians, Hospital employees and students.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!