The RN at the Pediatric Call Center serves as a source of information for parents when their pediatrician is not available. The RN answers the phone call from the caregiver and makes a trained assessment of the situation based on protocols, as appropriate to the ages of the patient. The RN makes a triage decision as to whether the child needs to be seen emergently (in one hour), urgently (within 6-8 hours), the next day for a scheduled appointment, or needs advice about home management.
As the RN, you are:
- Passionate about patient care and focused on providing exceptional customer service.
- Able to perform complex telephone interviewing skills in a reasonable amount of time (7-8) minutes.
- A critical thinker who uses decision making, problem-solving and leadership skills to effectively manage patient and system problems as circumstances require.
- Meticulous with your documentation.
- New Jersey Registered Nurse license
- Bachelor of Nursing Degree preferred
- 3-5 years Pediatrics Critical Care or Pediatric Ambulatory Care experience
- Active BLS through American Heart Association
Sign Up For Job Alerts!