The Child Life Specialist will be responsible for implementing age specific programs that are beneficial to the pediatric patients and their families which assist them in coping with the stress of hospitalization and/or illness.
- Provides therapeutic play activities involving patients and their families under the supervision of the Child Life Coordinator.
- Creates and maintains a safe, aesthetically appealing environment which meets the physical, emotional, educational and developmental needs of pediatric patients and their families.
- Maintains daily and monthly program statistics. Provides data to Child Life Coordinator.
- Assists with any special events, holidays, guest visitors and donations as needed.
- Assists with maintenance, inventory and ordering of toys, supplies and equipment.
- Assists and collaborates with Child Life Coordinator and nursing staff in formulation of individual activity plans, including short term and long term goals/objectives as assessed by the RN.
- Shares behavioral observations of patients and families with Child Life Coordinator and/or RN and health care team.
- Knowledge of child and adolescent growth and development, family dynamics, play therapy and basic pediatric medicine as normally acquired through completion of at least two years of relevant college coursework.
- Bachelor's degree in Child Life, Psychology, Special Education, or closely related field required.
- Child life internship is required.
- Child Life certification must be obtained within one year of employment.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!