- Oak Brook, IL, USA
The William W. Olmsted Editorial Fellowship for Trainees is for residents and fellows in training interested in scholarly publication and editorial processes at medical journal offices.
As an Olmsted fellow, you'll learn about manuscript preparation and editing, peer review, journal production, printing and digital publishing. At the end of the fellowship, you'll complete a program evaluation and prepare a follow-up report on your experiences during and after the fellowship.
The fellowship lasts for approximately one week. During this time, the Olmsted fellow will:
- Spend two days working with the editor of Radiology in Madison, Wisconsin
- Visit Phoenix to work with the editor of RadioGraphics for one day
- Meet the RSNA publications department in Oak Brook, Illinois, and learn about the production process
- Assist the editors and attend editorial meetings during the RSNA annual meeting in Chicago
To be eligible for the Olmsted Fellowship, you must:
- Be an RSNA member
- Still be in training (resident, fellow)
- Have a record of publications in scientific and/or educational peer-reviewed journals
Each department or institution should nominate only a single candidate for the fellowship in any given year. Interested individuals should coordinate their application with their department's administration.
One fellow is selected each year and is awarded a stipend of $3,000 to cover travel, lodging and expenses.
Here is the Olmsted Fellowship application. Once completed, use the box on the right to begin your application submission process.
Please submit the following, along with your application:
- Curriculum vitae
- Personal statement
- Three letters of reference, one of which must be from your department chair and must include an indication that the chair agrees to let you be away from your department if you are selected as a fellow. If you are from outside North America, (1) the letter from your department chair must attest to your written and verbal fluency in English, and (2) one of the other two letters must be from the national radiologic society of your home country.
The Olmsted Fellowship application deadline is April 1st. For additional questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2020 Olmsted Fellow
Anna Trofimova, MD, PhD, is the 2020 RSNA William W. Olmsted Trainee Editorial Fellow. Dr. Trofimova is a neuroradiology fellow in the department of radiology and imaging sciences at Emory University in Atlanta. She earned her medical degree from Saint Petersburg State Medical University in Russia, her doctorate from Saint Petersburg Mechnikov State Medical Academy and completed two residencies in diagnostic radiology, one at the Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education in Saint Petersburg and the other at Emory University.
Dr. Trofimova's passion for academic radiology has guided her multifaceted career as a scientific researcher, educator, journal reviewer and author. She has coauthored more than 25 manuscripts and several book chapters, is a deputy editor for Radiology In Training, is on the editorial board of the Journal of Neuroimaging and serves as a reviewer on the RadioGraphics Subspecialty Review Panel.