- Oak Brook, IL, USA
The William R. Eyler Editorial Fellowship provides an opportunity for mid-career radiologists to further their experience in radiologic journalism by working with RSNA journal editors and publications staff.
As an Eyler fellow, you'll learn about manuscript preparation and editing, peer review, journal production, printing and digital publishing. At the end of the fellowship, you'll complete a program evaluation and prepare a follow-up report on your experiences during and after the fellowship.
The fellowship lasts for approximately one month. During this time, the Eyler fellow will:
- Travel to Madison, Wisconsin, to work with the editor of Radiology
- Visit Phoenix to work with the editor of RadioGraphics
- Tour the RSNA publications department in Oak Brook, Illinois, and learn about the production process
- Assist the editors and attend editorial meetings during the RSNA annual meeting in Chicago
To be eligible for the Eyler Fellowship, you must:
- Be an RSNA member
- Have accomplished at least three years of attending-level work at an academic institution
- Have served as a reviewer for a major imaging journal
- Be affiliated with a national radiologic society in your country
One Eyler fellow is selected each year and is awarded a stipend of $10,000 to cover the cost of transportation, lodging and meals during the fellowship.
Here is the Eyler Fellowship application. Once completed, use the box on the right to begin your application submission process.
Please submit the following, along with your application:
- Curriculum vitae
- Personal statement
- Three letters of reference, one of which must be from your department chair and must include an indication that the chair agrees to let you be away from your department if you are selected as a fellow. If you are from outside North America, (1) the letter from your department chair must attest to your written and verbal fluency in English, and (2) one of the other two letters must be from the national radiologic society of your home country.
The Eyler Fellowship application deadline is May 1st. For additional questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2020 Eyler Fellow
Shadpour Demehri, MD, has been named the 2020 RSNA William R. Eyler Editorial Fellow. Dr. Demehri is an associate professor of radiology in the department of radiology and radiological science in the musculoskeletal imaging and intervention section at The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine in Baltimore.
Dr. Demehri currently serves as a faculty supervisor for radiology residents and fellows, is an attending/teaching physician for diagnostic imaging, is the author of more than 100 peer-reviewed manuscripts, case reports and chapters and has been the principal or co-principal investigator for several National Institutes of Health grants related to musculoskeletal imaging.
A member since 2006, Dr. Demehri has been a frequent presenter at RSNA annual meetings, was the recipient of the 2019 Radiology Editor's Recognition Award with Distinction and was the 2011 RSNA Roentgen Resident/Fellow Research Awardee.