- St Johns, FL, USA
- 130-150 per year
Competitive Pay, Housing & Transportation (provided in GTMO)
Since 1996, RQC, LLC. has been a leading player in Southern California's robust commercial and governmental Design-Build economy. We now have a national presence with current projects approaching $300M, spanning coast to coast. We are a full-service Design-Build company. We offer management of projects throughout the United States, with our field operations' team members who work on location for each of our projects. We specialize in fast-track projects in new commercial construction for both public and private clients, with a primary focus in the Department of Defense (DoD) market.
We are looking for Temporary Electrical Superintendent candidate to join our Field Operations team at U.S. Naval Base Guantanamo Bay, Cuba (GTMO) in support of our Power Plant project. Our Electrical Superintendents are responsible for the daily supervision, preplanning material, and manpower needs. Coordination of all electrical construction activities, assigned crews, and subcontractors on a project jobsite to safely produce quality work in support of RQ's Mission, Vision, and Values. Our Electrical Superintendents may be responsible for managing more than one electrical project at a time. Candidates must have an unexpired U.S. Passport to travel to/from GTMO and undergo a in-depth background check for access to live and work on base. Housing and transportation provided on-island.
- A high school diploma or GED is the minimum formal education required for this position.
- Courses in construction management, electrical trade school, etc. preferred.
- Five or more years' work experience as an Electrical Superintendent running electrical crews with project sizes (of electrical scope) of at least $400,000 (commercial or industrial) required.
- Five or more years' (or equivalent) field or trade work experience with electrical installation highly desirable; government, military, or large commercial construction preferred. Work in the design-build industry is preferred.
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office esp. Teams, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet, etc.) required.
- Specific software literacy (McCormick, Primavera 3/6, Viewpoint, BIM, Revit) preferred.
- CPR, First Aid, and OSHA 30-hour Certifications required. Training can be provided.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), religion (all aspects of religious beliefs, observance or practice, including religious dress or grooming practices) marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer or a record or history of cancer, and genetic characteristics), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition), genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis or status protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance or regulation.