- Norfolk, VA, USA
- 80000-130000 per year Auto allowance or Truck, gas card and home depot card
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K/Match, Vacation Pay, Sick Pay, Holiday Pay
Since 1996, RQC, LLC. has been a leading player in Southern California's robust commercial and governmental Design-Build economy. We now have a national presence with current projects of $1B, spanning coast to coast and some internationally.
Headquartered in beautiful Carlsbad, CA, we are a full-service Design-Build company. We offer management of projects throughout the United States, with our field operations' team members who work on location for each of our projects. We specialize in fast-track projects in new commercial construction for both public and private clients, with a primary focus in the Department of Defense market.
We are looking for Construction Superintendent candidates to join our Field Operations team for projects at Norfolk, Virginia. Superintendents are responsible for the daily supervision, direction, and coordination of all construction work activities, assigned employees, and subcontractors on a project job site, to safely produce quality work, within the project requirements (i.e., RFP, plans, specifications, and proposal documents) targeted budget, schedule, and in alignment with RQ's Mission, Vision, and Values. Candidates local to projects will be given priority, though relocation to on-site management may be required for the Superintendent position.
- A high school diploma or GED is the minimum formal education required for this position.
- College courses or degree in construction management, engineering, etc. preferred.
- Five or more years work experience in a Superintendent position (e.g., scheduling, ordering, field supervision, quality control, safety, and production of all phases in construction) on medium-sized projects is required with four or more years (or equivalent) field or trade work experience in the construction industry required; government, military, or large commercial construction experience preferred. Work in the design-build industry and on large-sized projects is preferred.
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office, Outlook, Internet, etc.) required.
- Specific software literacy (Primavera 3/6, Viewpoint, BIM, Revit) preferred.
- CPR, First Aid, and OSHA 30-hour Certifications, EM-385, and STS required; Training can be provided.
- Spanish-English bilingual skills desirable.
- LEED GA/AP Credential desirable
COMPANY PROFILE: RQC, LLC is a full service contracting and design firm that specializes in Design/Build projects for both public and private clients, with a primary focus on the Department of Defense. Our mission is "to provide our customers the best built environment while being the first choice of all stakeholders."
The firm offers a variety of services including construction, architectural design, trade services, virtual design and construction, and LEED/sustainable design management for projects ranging from $30M to over $100M. RQ's experience includes projects throughout the nation including California, Washington, Virginia and North Carolina, as well as internationally at U.S. Naval Base Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. The success of this company has been built on three pillars: Quality, Integrity, and Leadership. Our employees work hard as a team, thrive on innovation and remain committed to being the first choice of our clients as well as all other stakeholders. In return we offer an excellent work environment, very competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), religion (all aspects of religious beliefs, observance or practice, including religious dress or grooming practices) marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer or a record or history of cancer, and genetic characteristics), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition), genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis or status protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance or regulation.