- Camp Lejeune, NC, USA
- 15.00-22 per hour Davis Bacon Minimum/Prevailing Wage up to $22.00/hr
- Prevailing Wage
Medical, Dental, Vision
- Assist a journeyman level tradesman and to learn the trade by on-the-job training or formal instruction as prescribed by the employing agency
- Perform limited skilled tasks under close direction of a journeyman in an on the job training program
- Participate in training as prescribed by an assigned journeyman or agency policy
What are the qualifications?
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- No prior experience or prior training required.
- Strong work ethic with a desire to learn and grow with a company who provides design/build construction efforts for the Department of Defense.
- Ability to gain access to military installations (including, but not limited to Camp Lejeune, NC).
- Ability to get to and from work on time each day.
Physical Demands: The employee may require the ability to do the following:
- Lift 50 lbs from ground and pull 50 lbs of force.
- Perform ladder climbing (up and down).
- Fully squat, stoop or kneel while wearing a tool belt.
- Maintain a standing position for long periods of time while performing repetitive actions such as grasping or manipulating tools.
Working Environment: While performing duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to:
- A variety of weather conditions including cold, snow, rain, heat, etc.
- High noise levels
- Work in active construction sites or in a fabrication shop off-base.
We offer competitive pay (as established by Davis-Bacon laws) and a range of benefits including, but not limited to; comprehensive medical benefit packages, and more.
We, at RQC, are a full-service Design-Build company. We offer management of projects throughout the United States, with our field operations' team members who work on location for each of our projects. We specialize in fast-track projects in new commercial construction for both public and private clients, with a primary focus in the Department of Defense market.
Our mission is "to provide our customers the best built environment while being the first choice of all stakeholders."
The firm offers a variety of services including construction, architectural design, trade services, virtual design and construction, and LEED/sustainable design management for projects ranging from $30M to over $100M. RQ's experience includes projects throughout the nation including California, Washington, Virginia, North Carolina and internationally at U.S. Naval Base Guantanamo Bay, Cuba and Puerto Rico. The success of this company has been built on three pillars: Quality, Integrity, and Leadership. Our employees work hard as a team, thrive on innovation and remain committed to being the first choice of our clients as well as all other stakeholders. In return, we offer an excellent work environment, very competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), religion (all aspects of religious beliefs, observance or practice, including religious dress or grooming practices) marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer or a record or history of cancer, and genetic characteristics), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition), genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis or status protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance or regulation.