- Camp Lejeune, NC, USA
- Prevailing Wage
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K/Match, Life/Disability
Since 1996, RQC, LLC. has been a leading player in Southern California's robust commercial and governmental Design-Build economy. We now have a national presence with current projects spanning coast to coast.
We are a full-service Design-Build company. We specialize in fast-track projects in new commercial construction for both public and private clients, with a primary focus in the Department of Defense market.
We are seeking a Carpenter (Framing/Gypsum) to join our team located at Camp Lejeune, North Carolina. This position is responsible for the layout and construction of formwork, false work, finished systems, setup and removal of shoring, identification of required materials and equipment (e.g., hand and power tools) to construct foundations, curbs, ramps, walls, columns, stairs, decks, floors, roofs, installation of doors, windows, and other appurtenances needed to bring a project to completion. More specific duties may be required depending on the scope of a project. This is all to be done using the appropriate equipment and implementing the required safety practices in support of RQ's Mission, Vision, and Values. Prevailing wages will be paid for work performed on a military installation. Qualifications are as follows:
- A high school diploma or GED is the preferred minimum formal education for this position.
- Four or more years of experience with carpentry required (can be a combination of rough, finish carpentry).
- Four or more years (or equivalent) field or trade work experience in commercial construction required; government, military, or large commercial construction experience preferred.
- CPR and First Aid Certifications preferred; Specific training or certificates in the following preferred:
- Forklift/Manlift training and certificate
- Trenching and shoring training
- Fall protection training
- Confined space training
- Lockout/Tagout training
- Scissor lift/boom lift certificate
- EM-385 40-hour
- OSHA 10-hour
- OSHA 30-hour
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), religion (all aspects of religious beliefs, observance or practice, including religious dress or grooming practices) marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer or a record or history of cancer, and genetic characteristics), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition), genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis or status protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance or regulation.