This is a customer service role in which the sales associate gives customer their immediate and complete attention by explaining, demonstrating and selling woodworking supplies and tools. When not engaged with a customer, the focus should be on the maintenance of the sales floor including facing, dusting and general housekeeping. Performs management duties as directed by the Store Manager. Performs all of the Sales Associate Duties as described in the Sales Associate Job Description plus the listed below.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Sales Associate to join our team in South Portland, ME.
Come work for an industry leader! Rockler Companies, Inc. is a growing national retail, direct mail and publishing organization with retail stores across the U.S. We are one of the largest online resources for woodworkers, and we work tirelessly to bring the industry's most innovative products, thinking and education to our customers. Learn more about our company at www.rockler.com!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Male/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Opens and close store as directed by store manager. May also perform other management tasks including but not limited to receiving, pricing and merchandising.
- Handles customer refunds and overrides. Prepares necessary documentation in accordance with prescribed procedures and maintains daily sales records and balances cash register
- Greets customers as they enter the stores. Greeting should be within an acceptable period of time ensuring that the customer is welcomed in the store. All customers must be acknowledged when coming in contact with them.
- Handles all aspects of retail sales of company products by answering questions on product application or use, ringing the sale on the POS.
- Special emphasis should be placed on the "Total solution" which means that any related products/ services the customer might need for the project should be shown.
- Assists with the maintenance and merchandising of the store to maintain neat, orderly, well stocked and appealing displays.
- Handles customer refunds and prepares necessary documentation in accordance with prescribed procedures.
- Refers customers to other sources if we do not have the specific item with the intent of building goodwill for Rockler Companies, Inc.
- May assist with unloading truck, pricing and merchandising or any other duties as assigned.
Requirements for Position:
- Minimum of high school graduate.
- Knowledge of woodworking and hand tools desirable.
- Previous retail sales experience desirable.
- Ability to understand nature of customers request and how best to respond to their
- Ability to understand situations where a management decision is required.
- Requires an extremely strong service orientation to maximize customer satisfaction.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, personally lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis and team lift up to 400 lbs. with help.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, personally lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis and participate in team lifting up to 400 lbs.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!