- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurances. Our firm also offers generous PTO and Paid Holiday package and Basic Life insurance.
R.J. Pierce Law Group is looking for a skilled Associate Trademark Attorney to join our growing firm! As the nation's leading Trademark Boutique, our firm provides accessible trademark services that help entertainers and entrepreneurs build and protect their businesses' value. We pride ourselves on not just providing trademark legal services but building relationships with our clients and becoming a member of their business team.
As a member of the R.J. Pierce Law group, you will be an essential part of the process that drives our business forward.
As an associate trademark attorney, you'll work under the general supervision of the lead trademark attorney to advise clients on the adoption and selection of new trademarks. You will file applications to register trademarks and provide expert legal advice on the usage, protection and enforcement of trademarks. You will also be responsible for handling trademark oppositions, revocations, invalidations and assignments, carrying out searches and providing counsel on trademark infringement matters.
- Responsible for managing trademark portfolios, trademark clearance, US and foreign trademark prosecution, and US and foreign contentious matters. This includes multi-jurisdictional filing programs, constant communication with clients and foreign counsel concerning clearance, filing instructions, office actions, potential conflicts and similar prosecution matters
- Conduct and analyze preliminary searches, and comprehensive searches regarding existing trademarks
- Manage infringement and clearance investigations
- Prepare assignments of trademark registrations and applications and filling the same with the USPTO and foreign offices
- Manages assigned client accounts as directed by the managing attorney
- Serve as a liaison between assigned client accounts and the firm
- Consistently demonstrates behavior that is consistent with company values
- Serves as a brand champion for The R.J. Pierce Law group and Biz Lawyer brands
- Performs other job related duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- The attorney must hold a JD from an ABA-approved law school and be in good standing and an active member of the bar of the state in which the candidate is admitted to practice.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 1-3 years' experience handling domestic and international trademark portfolios, including trademark clearance, counseling, prosecution, maintenance and enforcement.
- Candidates must possess excellent academic credentials as well as strong communication, organization, research, writing and analytical skills.
- Ability to work and communicate with a team in an online collaboration platform.
- Strong listening and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on several initiatives simultaneously within compressed time frames, while still maintaining effectiveness
- Must have proficient computer and technical skills
- Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to prioritize and work proactively with minimal supervision in a fast-paced, deadline-driven work environment
- Effective rapport-building and relationship management skills
- Demonstrated ability to be resourceful, innovative and creative
- Demonstrates high emotional intelligence and problem solving skills
- Must be team-oriented, possess a positive attitude and work well with others
- Must be based in Atlanta area
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by an employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to perform other related duties as assigned, to ensure workload coverage. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
This job description does NOT constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee, and is subject to change by the employer as the organizational needs and requirements of the job change.