Retlif Testing Laboratories is looking to hire a full-time Internal IT Support Technician, Level 1 to join our Ronkonkoma, New York laboratory. Do you have a background with a working knowledge of computer technology networking and want a career, not just a job? This position earns competitive pay, depending on experience. We also offer excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid time off (PTO), and a tuition reimbursement program. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, consider applying today!
ABOUT RETLIF TESTING LABORATORIES
An industry leader for over 40 years, we are an independent testing laboratory that provides compliance testing and engineering services to customers in such industries as aerospace, rail, maritime, military, defense, and medical. Retlif provides electromagnetic compatibility, radio approval, product safety, and environmental simulation testing to national and international standards. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional customer service. We have a loyal and long-standing customer base that appreciates our commitment to the highest quality in testing and engineering services. Our mission is to fully address the testing and compliance needs of our clients.
As a team member at one of the USA's leading independent testing laboratories, you can expect excellent personal growth opportunities, a professional atmosphere, and comprehensive employee benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer that values each member of our team.
- Supports information technology (IT) systems and users, installs computer equipment.
- Provides IT support, training, and orientation for new technology users.
- Offers internal on the ground troubleshooting, support, and repair when IT equipment or networks malfunction.
- Provides phone, or in-person basic support to staff regarding IT technical issues and installation needs.
- Works with a team of installation, network, security, and support specialists to troubleshoot for solutions to solve user problems.
- Maintains records of hardware, support equipment and software inventory.
- Monitors help desk tickets for timely resolution.
- Assists with maintaining information security compliance through controlled hardware or software installation and staff education on compliance of cybersecurity procedures and policies.
- Updates corporate social media sites as needed.
- Associates Degree/Trade school certificate in Computer Technology Networking or related field; or Formal military training or work experience in related field.
- Windows and MS 365 product experience.
- Must have a background that would permit the U.S. Department of Defense to issue a Secret Clearance, which includes US Citizenship.
- Provides security support responsibilities for Corporate Facility Security Officer (FSO)
- Demonstrates great customer service skills, listens carefully, and exercises patience.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong math skills.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and meet strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds-bend, lift and twist.
Retlif requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
This full-time IT Support Technician, Level 1 job is Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM. Overtime may be necessary at times, depending on customer needs.
READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
We understand your time is valuable, and that is why we have a very quick and easy application process. If you feel that you would be right for this job, please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application. We look forward to meeting you!