- AZ, USA
- 17-19 starts at $17 with semesterly merit-based raises (a possible $0.50 increase each continued semester capping at $19/hour)
- Part Time
Paid Sick Time; Dental/Vision; Professional Development Trainings; Mentorship Program
Title: After-school Reading Program Coach (part-time)
Work Hours: part-time; 5-10 hours per week
Pay: $17/hour starting
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Read Better Be Better is looking for part-time (5-10 hours/week), yet passionate, After-School Reading Program Coaches to tutor and mentor the students involved in our after-school literacy program. They will be is responsible for facilitating the Read Better Be Better literacy program to 3rd-grade Readers and middle-school Leaders. If you enjoy reading, education, and working with elementary and middle school learners, and are looking for a part-time job, then this position is for you!
About the Organization
Read Better Be Better's mission is to connect young readers and youth leaders to inspire a love of literacy and learning.
Read Better Be Better (RBBB) is an education nonprofit focused on solving Arizona's literacy crisis. We work with partnering school districts throughout Phoenix to connect 3rd grade readers and middle school leaders to inspire a love of literacy and learning. Since 2014, we have served thousands of Phoenix students with our after-school program in over 70 schools. Each school semester, we have expanded to serve more students, schools, and families. We are a mission-driven, collaborative community of passionate and creative professionals, and we welcome to support those seeking part-time work experiences with RBBB for their professional and personal benefit.
Be Excellent Be Kind
An Afternoon as a RBBB Program Coach!
Working as a RBBB Program Coach will give you the opportunity to work with elementary and middle school students at school, but in a dynamic after-school club atmosphere. It is a fast-paced environment full of reading, learning, and games. The Program Coaches attend the essential paid training and onboarding (4 hours) prior to receiving their program's launch date for their assigned school. Then, Program Coaches train the middle school "Leaders" in RBBB's curriculum to instill and foster reading confidence skills to their 3rd grade "Readers".
Primarily, the Program Coach facilitates the literacy-program, ensures curriculum progress, and promotes a safe and healthy learning environment. Once weekly, the Program Coaches from the same school district will meet (virtually or in-person) with their Program Coordinator to share successes, address any concerns, and receive needed materials. The After-School Literacy program is a semester-based program, but Program Coaches are encouraged to return semesterly.
What you need to be qualified to tutor
Must have a High School Diploma, GED or equivalent. * Preferred Candidates are enrolled in a relevant degree program (i.e. teaching, educational studies, youth & early childhood development, social justice, etc.) OR have experience working with children in a school setting.
A minimum of 5 hours per week is expected.
- Program is held 2 days a week at a designated site (Monday/Wednesday,Monday/Thursday or Tuesday/Thursday afternoons) plus 1 hour for a centrally-located or virtual weekly district team meeting. * Exact schedule depends on the specific school.
You will be assigned to one of our partnering schools for the semester. Program is currently held in 11 elementary school districts: Alhambra, Creighton, Roosevelt, Pendergast, Peoria, Union, Liberty, Littleton, Tempe, Scottsdale, and Avondale. * We do our best to place you in your preferred school district.
How to Apply
- Please apply on our website: https://readbetterbebetter.applicantpro.com/pages/JobOpportunities/
- > If you need assistance with this application, please contact us at email@example.com
- Have prepared an updated resume to upload during the application.
- Once you have completed both of our quick 2-step application, it will be reviewed. If you qualify for the position, you will receive a phone call and invite to an in-person interview.
- After the in-person interview, you can expect to wait about 1 week for an offer or not.
- After an offer is extended and accepted, new hires will receive an email with a selection of mandatory onboarding and training times.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Read Better Be Better is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. See the RBBB Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Statement on the website.
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!
- "Why do you work for Read Better Be Better?" - Employee Testimonials (Video)
- "Read Better Be Better: a nonprofit fighting Arizona's literacy crisis" (Video)
- Read Better Be Better: una organización que lucha contra la crisis de alfabetización de Arizona
- Part-Time Program Coach Employee Benefits One-Page Summary
- Full-Time Employee Benefits One-Page Summary
- Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion at Read Better Be Better
- Meet the Team
- Equal Opportunity Employer
- E-Verify Employer
- Job Opportunities