- Wood Lake Health and Rehabilitation Center (R)
- Greenacres, FL, USA
- Full Time
Looking for qualified Directors of Social Services to join our team!
We are searching for a Director of Social Services to join our community that is resident and family focused, a team builder, and excited about the opportunity to assist in building a facility culture. The primary purpose of your job position is to be responsible for providing services to respond to the emotional needs of the residents and their families. You will also assist with resident admissions and the referral process.
If you are team-oriented, driven, and excited about the opportunity to care for our residents, then we have the perfect opportunity for you!
Perks and Benefits
- Pay rate: Competitive pay, along with holiday pay and paid time off (PTO) program.
- Innovative Purchasing Program: We offer a purchasing program that allows you to buy thousands of products (technology, furniture, clothing, etc.) and pay over time. Zero interest, no credit check, no hidden fees.
- Access to online learning 24/7: Our Learning Management System offers over 1,500 courses for senior care, health and human services industry. Use it for free to help satisfy your personal and leadership development. Data base includes, MS Office and Leadership/Supervisory content. Available via computer or mobile, and many courses are offered in alternative languages.
- Phone and auto discounts: Up to 20% on employee personal wireless accounts and auto rentals through designated vendors.
- Employee Assistance Fund: You are always there for others. Let us be there for you. In unexpected catastrophic situations you can confidentially apply for help.
- Keep abreast of current federal and state regulations, as well as professional standards, and make recommendations on changes in policies and procedures to the Executive Director/LNHA.
- Implement policies and procedures for the identification of medically related social and emotional needs of the resident.
- Participate in community planning related to the interests of the facility and the services and needs of the resident and family.
- Participate in discharge planning; development and implementation of social care plans; and resident assessments.
- Provide consultation to members of our staff, community agencies, etc., in efforts to solve the needs and problems of the resident through the development of social service programs.
- Review and develop a plan of correction for social service deficiencies noted during survey inspections and provide a written copy of such to the Executive Director/LNHA.
- Maintain a reference library of written material, laws, standards of practice, etc., necessary for complying with current standards and regulations, and that will provide assistance in maintaining quality social service.
- Conduct and document a social services evaluation, including identification of resident problems/needs.
- Maintain communications with caseworkers.
- Provide social work consultation to residents, families, and staff, as required.
- Provide innovative, responsible healthcare with the creation and implementation of new ideas and concepts that continually improve systems and processes to achieve superior results.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a Bachelors Degree and either a LSW or MSW from an approved school of Social Work.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience.
- Demonstrated ability to assess resident needs, develop, and implement a plan of care and coordinate the discharge planning process.
- Must possess knowledge of accreditation standard and compliance requirements.
- Must be a member in good standing in the National Association of Social Workers.
- You must be qualified, compassionate, and dedicated to a job well done.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.