- Baya Pointe Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- Lake City, FL, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k
Looking for qualified Community Life - Activity Director (Therapeutic Recreational Director) to join our team!
We are searching for a Community Life - Activity Director (Therapeutic Recreational Director) to join our community that is resident and family focused, a team builder, and excited about the opportunity to assist in building a facility culture. The primary purpose of your job position is to plan, organize, develop, and direct the overall operation of the Activity Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations, and our established policies and procedures.
If you are team-oriented, driven, and excited about the opportunity to care for our residents, then we have the perfect opportunity for you!
Perks and Benefits
- Pay rate: Competitive pay, along with holiday pay and paid time off (PTO) program.
- Innovative Purchasing Program: We offer a purchasing program that allows you to buy thousands of products (technology, furniture, clothing, etc.) and pay over time. Zero interest, no credit check, no hidden fees.
- Access to online learning 24/7: Our Learning Management System offers over 1,500 courses for senior care, health and human services industry. Use it for free to help satisfy your personal and leadership development. Data base includes, MS Office and Leadership/Supervisory content. Available via computer or mobile, and many courses are offered in alternative languages.
- Phone and auto discounts: Up to 20% on employee personal wireless accounts and auto rentals through designated vendors.
- Employee Assistance Fund: You are always there for others. Let us be there for you. In unexpected catastrophic situations you can confidentially apply for help.
- Ensures that an on-going program of activities is designed to meet, in accordance with the comprehensive assessment, the interests and the physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being of each resident.
- Conduct and document a thorough assessment of each resident's recreational needs.
- Develop and implement treatment plans addressing therapeutic recreation programs to meet psychological, physical, and social needs of residents.
- Comply with evaluation, treatment and documentation guidelines.
- Recruit and hire a sufficient number of qualified recreation staff to deliver appropriate resident care.
- Assist in developing a budget for recreation services and ensure adherence to established budget.
- Promote the Company programs through formal and informal interactions with the community.
- Arrange for recreation activities outside the facility, as needed.
- Develop and supervise an active volunteer program
- Provide innovative, responsible healthcare with the creation and implementation of new ideas and concepts that continually improve systems and processes to achieve superior results.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a Bachelor's Degree in therapeutic recreation or equivalent training/experience.
- Must possess a minimum of two (2) years' experience in therapeutic recreation. Supervision, training and/or experience in a setting serving
- the same age/type of resident served by this facility. A minimum of one (1) year of supervisory experience preferred.
- Must possess the demonstrated ability to assess resident therapeutic recreation needs and develop and implement a program to meet those needs.
- Must possess a working knowledge of accreditation standards and compliance requirements.
- You must be qualified, compassionate, and dedicated to a job well done.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.