- Harts Harbor Health Care Center
- Jacksonville, FL, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Vision, Dental
Are you looking to LOVE WHERE YOU WORK? Do you want to join an organization where your voice will be heard and your contributions will MAKE A DIFFERENCE? Then look no further and apply to join our team at Harts Harbor Healthcare Center today!
Looking for qualified Director of Nursing to join our team!
We are searching for a Director of Nursing (DON) to join our community that is resident & family focused, a team builder, and excited about the opportunity to assist in building a facility culture. Responsible for the overall clinical management of a facility.
If you are a DON that has strong clinical and regulatory business acumen, is team-oriented, driven, and excited about the opportunity to build a facility culture, then we have the perfect opportunity for you!
Perks and Benefits
- Pay rate: Competitive salary and bonus structure may apply, along with holiday pay and unlimited Work Life Balance (WLB) program.
- Innovative Purchasing Program: We offer a purchasing program that allows you to buy thousands of products (technology, furniture, clothing, etc.) and pay over time. Zero interest, no credit check, no hidden fees.
- Access to online learning 24/7: Our Learning Management System offers over 1,500 courses for senior care, health and human services industry. Use it for free to help satisfy your state specific licensure requirements. Data base includes, MS Office and Leadership/Supervisory content. Available via computer or mobile, and many courses are offered in alternative languages.
- Phone and auto discounts: Up to 20% on employee personal wireless accounts and auto rentals through designated vendors.
- Employee Assistance Fund: You are always there for others. Let us be there for you. In unexpected catastrophic situations you can confidentially apply for help.
- Provide ongoing education, mentorship, and leadership development to clinical management and clinicians, and other team members.
- You will assume the primary role in ensuring the delivery of high quality, efficient and safe patient care. In the absence of the Executive Director, you are charged with carrying out the resident care policies established by this center.
- Set and monitor achievement of goals and objectives for the nursing department consistent with established philosophy and standards of practice and nursing ethics.
- Recruit, hire and retain qualified nursing staff to deliver efficient resident care in accordance with the established staffing plan and state mandated staffing requirements.
- Evaluate and continually update competency/skills checklists for nursing staff including contracted staff.
- Prepare and assure adherence to an annual operating budget for the nursing department.
- Maintain and guide the implementation of current policies and procedures, which reflect adherence to corporate and external regulatory guidelines and principles of person centered care.
- Collaborates with the Interdisciplinary Team.
- Assure compliance with resident rights policies and work to resolve resident grievances.
- Provide innovative, responsible healthcare with the creation and implementation of new ideas and concepts that continually improve systems and processes to achieve superior results.
- Must possess a current, unencumbered, active state license to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Must possess, as a minimum, an RN Nursing Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Must have proven leadership ability with two (2) years of experience in nursing services administration.
- Documented training and/or experience in a setting providing services to the same age/type of resident population served by this center.
- Knowledge of and ability to demonstrate skills related to management, planning and budgeting.
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal regulations pertaining to center functions.
- Knowledge of accreditation standards and regulation compliance requirements.
- You must be qualified, compassionate, and dedicated to a job well done.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.