- Evans Health Care
- Fort Myers, FL, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Vision, Dental
Evans Health Care is looking for qualified Social Services Assistants to join our team!
We are searching for a Social Services Assistant to join our community that is resident and family focused, a team builder, and excited about the opportunity to assist in building a facility culture. The primary purpose of your job position is to ensure that the medically related emotional and social needs of the resident are met/maintained on an individual basis.
If you are team-oriented, driven, and excited about the opportunity to care for our residents, then we have the perfect opportunity for you!
Perks and Benefits
- Pay rate: Competitive pay, along with holiday pay and paid time off (PTO) program.
- Innovative Purchasing Program: We offer a purchasing program that allows you to buy thousands of products (technology, furniture, clothing, etc.) and pay over time. Zero interest, no credit check, no hidden fees.
- Access to online learning 24/7: Our Learning Management System offers over 1,500 courses for senior care, health and human services industry. Use it for free to help satisfy your personal and leadership development. Data base includes, MS Office and Leadership/Supervisory content. Available via computer or mobile, and many courses are offered in alternative languages.
- Phone and auto discounts: Up to 20% on employee personal wireless accounts and auto rentals through designated vendors.
- Employee Assistance Fund: You are always there for others. Let us be there for you. In unexpected catastrophic situations you can confidentially apply for help.
- Agree not to disclose resident's protected health information and promptly report suspected or known violations of such disclosure to the Executive Director/LNHA.
- As part of the admission process, meet with the resident and family to review policies on advance directives, resident rights and non-discrimination.
- Conduct and document a social services evaluation, including identification of resident problems/needs.
- Provide/arrange for social work services as indicated by resident/family needs.
- Assist resident, as needed, with financial planning.
- Keep the resident's family informed of resident problems, personal needs, transfers, and changes of level assignment.
- Meet with the appropriate facility staff concerning resident issues.
- Act in compliance with all corporate, state, federal, and other regulatory standards.
- Assist with discharge planning.
- Provide innovative, responsible healthcare with the creation and implementation of new ideas and concepts that continually improve systems and processes to achieve superior results.
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- One (1) year experience in long-term care preferred.
- Must demonstrate the ability to assess resident needs and coordinate the discharge planning process.
- You must be qualified, compassionate, and dedicated to a job well done.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.