- Rockford, IL, USA
- 32,000 - 34,000
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Flexible Spending
RAMP's TBI Case Manager provides monthly case management to consumers who are found eligible for the State of Illinois' TBI Waiver Program. The State Department of Rehabilitation, Home Services Program staff determines eligibility and if the consumer requires monthly case management services, they make the referral to RAMP. The caseload ranges from 45-55 consumers. The majority of these consumers reside in Winnebago and DeKalb counties and a few in Boone and Stephenson County. Most consumers require a face to face home visit once a year at minimum. If their TBI significant impairs their cognitive function, these home visits will occur every 6 months. On the months that there is not a home visit, the case manager makes contact one on one with the consumer via the phone.
RAMP's role is to ensure these consumers have a safe service plan and are connected with the proper resource in the community to ensure they are able to remain independent in the community versus an institution. The TBI Case Manager develops methods to ensure each person is contacted minimally every 30 days and documentation for each contact is completed within 2 business days. If during the monthly contact, there is a need or goal identified, the TBI Case Manager will assist the consumer in meeting this need. Therefore, some consumers will have more frequent contact than monthly.
Additional services that a TBI Case Manager may provide to consumers on an as needed basis include:
- Advocating for home modifications or assistive devices
- Assisting the local Home Services office in obtaining bids for home mods and assistive devices
- Helping consumers recruit, interview, hire, manage and/or fire their Personal Assistant if they require our assistance.
- Providing referrals to community organizations for goals related to employment, housing, food assistance, medical assistance, etc.
- Providing peer support and referrals for counseling or support groups.
**Diverse applicants are encouraged to apply