- 23-Apr-2021 to Until Filled (EST)
- NSAH Salaried
- Washington, DC, USA
- Full Time
Health, dental, vision, 403B, life insurance, short term disability, long-term disability, paid vacation, paid holidays, paid sick time, and free gym on site.
As a key member of RAINN's Victim Services management team, the NSAH shift manager will be responsible for ensuring high-quality services to users of the National Sexual Assault Hotline (online and telephone) and will support the day-to-day operations of the NSAH program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide oversight, regular quality assurance of services and manage employees for Overnight NSAH shifts;
- Manage a team of assigned support specialists. This includes, but is not limited to, training and onboarding staff, monthly check-ins with staff, provide regular guidance and support to staff as needed, providing disciplinary actions as needed, and evaluating performance of staff on a bi-annual basis;
- Coordinate service delivery of staff and volunteers during shifts to ensure coverage of all servces;
- Respond appropriately, and in a timely manner, to employee complaints and questions;
- Monitor hotline sessions (telephone and online) and provide support and guidance to staff;
- Ensure the work culture and employee behaviors maintain a level of professionalism in accordance with RAINN and NSAH staff handbooks and policies;
- Elevate all concerns and policy violations about workplace behavior and quality of services to senior management in a timely manner;
- Use critical thinking skills and RAINN policies to make, independent, real-time staff and service decisions;
- Attend and participate in NSAH program meetings to exchange information regarding shift trends, staff, policies and procedures;
- Work with and advise staffers to help them build skills;
- Participate in the planning, writing and facilitation of in-service meetings;
- Evaluate helpline staff and advise senior management on suitability and need for promotions, raises, skills development, discipline and other personnel matters.
- Play an important part in the hiring of new staff positions, including participation in interview and selection process;
- Maintain knowledge of RAINN's policies and protocols and provide ongoing feedback to the senior management;
- Maintain knowledge of contractual policies and protocols and provide ongoing feedback regarding ways to meet and exceed standards;
- Provide regular communication and feedback to the senior shift manager and program manager on recommendations for improvement to hotline operations such as additional training topics or suggested revisions to training;
- Participate in rotating on-call schedule and act as emergency back-up for on-site support;
- Support the program manager and program coordinator in ensuring the hotline is adequately staffed at all times;
- Submit end-of-shift reports;
- Ensure the NSAH peer-to-peer online chat "HelpRoom" is open and staffed during designated hours;
- Demonstrate specialized hotline knowledge and sexual assault service skills;
- Provide direct support to hotline callers and staffer utilizing RAINN's direct service and supervision policies as needed;
- Triage and handle mandatory reports on-shift or on-call;
- Manage and update dashboard resources;
- All other duties as assigned.
Position Specifications and Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skill and/or ability required:
- Must have 2+ years of experience working or volunteering with crisis intervention services;
- Bachelor's degree or 4+ years social service experience;
- Must have 2+ years experience managing paid staff (managing employees who work in shifts is preferred).
- Possess ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with visitors, the general public and other team members;
- Must be able to demonstrate ease of use with technology;
- Ability to work well under pressure and maintain composure during stressful situations; ability to handle shifting and multiple priorities;
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a wide range of situations;
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions written and oral;
- Ability to exercise good judgment when faced with complex decisions;
- Must possess a positive and energetic attitude, with the ability to successfully work on a team and independently;
- Willingness to work a non-traditional schedule, which will include occasional evenings and/or weekends/holidays:
- Must be comfortable discussing issues surrounding sexual violence;
- Must be comfortable addressing difficult staffing situations and remediation;
- Must complete and pass a criminal background check (administered by RAINN).
- Must have full professional fluency (written and spoken) in Spanish and English and ability to pass a proficiency test during the interview process.
- Veterans will be given priority.
The position is based in Washington, DC. Please note that RAINN staff are currently working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- 11 p.m. to 7 a.m. (Sunday through Thursday)
TO APPLY: Please submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements to NSAH Program Manager at: https://rainn.applicantpro.com/internaljobs/
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the essential functions, responsibilities and/or requirements.
When you work for RAINN, you're joining a team of experts and professionals who stand up for survivors of sexual violence every day. Your job is important--and so are you. RAINN will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status. RAINN is committed to maximizing the diversity of its organization and depends on a diverse staff to carry out its mission, and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.