- 26-Feb-2021 to Until Filled (EST)
- Washington, DC, USA
- Contingent Upon Experience
- Full Time
Health/Dental/Vision; 403b(7); paid sick and vacation time; onsite gym free of chargel
RAINN (Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network) seeks a Postdoctoral Research Associate to conduct applied research, continuous quality improvement and evaluation of services for survivors and their loved ones. As a key member of RAINN's Research and Evaluation team, the postdoctoral associate will focus on the needs of under-represented communities, to inform the delivery of live, one-on-one support, crisis intervention, and information. More broadly, the Postdoctoral Research Associate will support research that helps fill the research-practice gap in victim services and leverage existing data to inform the field of victim services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will support RAINN's research and evaluation activities as follows:
- Use anonymous data from the National Sexual Assault Online Hotline (NSAOH) to examine survivors' needs and services provided, focusing on the needs and experiences of historically underserved and marginalized communities.
- Extend understanding of how NSAOH serves marginalized individuals and communities (e.g., BIPOC, LGBTQ, people with disabilities) as well as issues concerning access and satisfaction with digital health interventions.
- Collaborate on the development and implementation of evaluation methods for new services.
- Prepare research and evaluation protocols for Institutional Review Board approval.
- Prepare findings for publication in social science peer-review journals.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skill and/or ability required:
- Specialized knowledge relevant to victim services and/or victimology.
- Demonstrated expertise in serving historically underserved communities (BIPOC, LGBTQ, rural, people with disabilities) and vulnerable populations (e.g., people experiencing homelessness and foster care youth).
- Desired research skills and expertise includes: Person-centered modeling (e.g., LCA), missing data analysis, experience with at least one statistical software package (SPSS and Mplus preferred), qualitative data analysis experience.
- Training in quasi-experimental design methodologies.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Excellent English-language communication skills (oral and written).
- Comfortable discussing issues surrounding sexual violence.
- PhD in social sciences (e.g., psychology, public health, social work) or related field required.
Currently our interview process and all work is remote during the pandemic, and anticipate transition to on-site work in Washington, DC, post-pandemic.
Review of applications is expected to begin on June 4, 2021.
TO APPLY: Please submit resume and cover letter to Director, Research or at: https://rainn.applicantpro.com/jobs/ Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please no phone calls.
When you work for RAINN, you're joining a team of experts and professionals who stand up for survivors of sexual violence every day. Your job is important--and so are you. RAINN will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status. RAINN is committed to maximizing the diversity of its organization and depends on a diverse staff to carry out its mission, and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.