- Arlington, VA, USA
- Competitive salary based on experience, skill set ,knowledge and credentials
- Full Time
Extensive Benefit Options Available
Quantum Research International, Inc. (Quantum) provides our national defense and federal civilian and industry customers with services and products in the following main areas: 1) Cybersecurity and Information Operations; 2) Space Operations and Control; 3) Aviation Systems; 4) Ground, Air and Missile Defense, and Fires Support Systems; 5) Intelligence Programs Support; 6) Experimentation and Test; 7) Program Management; and (8) Audio/Visual Technology Applications. Quantum's Corporate Office is located in Huntsville, AL, but Quantum actively hires for positions nationwide and internationally. We pride ourselves on providing high quality support to the U.S. Government and our Nation's Warfighters. In addition to our corporate office, we have physical locations in Aberdeen, MD; Colorado Springs, CO; Shalimar, FL; and Tupelo, MS
Quantum is currently seeking a qualified Congressional Affairs Analyst to serve in support of the Headquarters Department of the Army G-4 (Logistics) at the Pentagon in Arlington, VA. The Logistics Initiatives Group in the HQDA G-4 provides dedicated and responsive staff support to the DCS, G-4, and G-4 senior leaders by developing and communicating the G-4's strategic mission and vision to influence and educate internal and external audiences in support of logistics-based initiatives, actions, and programs. Focus areas include strategic messaging; congressional and public affairs; external engagements with academia, associations, and industry; Army leader development; and internal G-4 engagement support. Contractors shall support all aspects of strategic communications and events including research and analysis; coordinating with directorates; developing articles, presentation materials, and other communications products; coordinating administrative details; and support for internal and external engagements.
This position will support the Deputy Chief of Staff G-4 on a daily basis in the following capacity:
- Provide support to prepare DCS, G-4 personnel for interactions supporting Army leadership forums, DCS, G-4 senior leader engagements, hearings, testimony, briefings to Members of Congress, Congressional committees, or their staffs, and other interactions with Congress including reports and responses to requests for information.
- Compile and maintain client initiated research and analysis to support the LIG Chief and congressional affairs lead.
- Provide daily and weekly analysis, summaries, and status updates of Army-wide engagements, hearing transcripts, defense legislation, reports to Congress, regulatory guidance, logistics policy, and other inquires.
- Maintain weekly trackers, legislation trackers, and provide slides as necessary to coordinate DCS, G-4 requirements associated with congressional engagements and requirements. Coordination will include administrative and logistics support for ODCS, G-4 leadership visits/briefings to congressional committees and Member offices and preps to Army senior leaders for congressional engagements.
- Provide support to research, coordinate, and develop responses to Congressional requests for information.
- Research, coordinate, and draft responses to assigned requests for information.
- Provide direct support to complete actions in the TMT system.
- Develop within 90 days after contract award and thereafter maintain a Continuity Book that establishes business rules, guidelines, and frequent points of contact to conduct strategic analysis, staff writing and editing, and management support within LIG.
- Must be able to work within a team environment, as well as independently
- Must be able to communicate effectively with team members, government personnel, and senior Army leadership
- Strong work ethic and ability to multi-task/manage multiple priorities.
- Previous congressional affairs and/or Capitol Hill experience preferred
- Experience working with and support the highest of senior leadership members is required
- This is a very high visibility position professionalism and confidentiality of sensitive matters is required
- This position requires a SECRET DoD security clearance
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. *Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.