- Orlando, FL, USA
- Full Time
Extensive Benefit Options Available
Quantum Research International, Inc. (Quantum) provides our national defense and federal civilian and industry customers with services and products in the following main areas: 1) Cybersecurity and Information Operations; 2) Space Operations and Control; 3) Aviation Systems; 4) Ground, Air and Missile Defense, and Fires Support Systems; 5) Intelligence Programs Support; 6) Experimentation and Test; 7) Program Management; and (8) Audio/Visual Technology Applications. Quantum's Corporate Office is located in Huntsville, AL, but Quantum actively hires for positions nationwide and internationally. We pride ourselves on providing high quality support to the U.S. Government and our Nation's Warfighters. In addition to our corporate office, we have physical locations in Aberdeen, MD; Colorado Springs, CO; Shalimar, FL; and Tupelo, MS
This is a fantastic opportunity with a direct Cloud Technology Partner. Quantum Research is looking to bring on a Cloud Operations Network Engineer to engineer and manage deployments for the US Army and other customers, assisting internal developers with cloud and network issues and handling service desk requests for account management and other admin-level operations. You will join other Cloud Operations group members participating in architecting, designing, building, securing, hardening, and operating prototype Cloud Networks. As a Cloud Operations Network Engineer, you will collaborate with other cloud operations specialists to design, plan, create, and implement cloud-based software into other operations of a technology company. These applications are designed to streamline operations and make processes more accessible, such as customer support, analysis, or financial reporting. You also work to ensure the plan helps to prevent security breaches and other risks.
The ideal candidate will support designing, testing, implementing, and operating the cloud networks utilizing multiple security level Clouds. This effort will require the analysis of current cloud architecture and design practices and methods, and researching effective and efficient cloud technologies. Candidate may assist with the transfer of data to the cloud architecture and implement the conditioning strategy and architecture developed and approved by the customer. The candidate shall ensure that functional, performance, and security requirements are satisfied. The candidate may be required to research, evaluate, recommend, and implement (if approved by the customer) additional cloud migration tools and technologies to automate build, deployment, and operation of the cloud operation and development environment and activities.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Good knowledge of operating systems: Linux, Unix, Solaris, Ubuntu, Windows. Prior experience as an administrator or architect in any of the well-known operating systems is helpful.
- Good understanding of networking: TCP/IP, IP addresses, HTTP, DNS.
- Demonstrated minimal understanding of a programming or scripting language is desired.
- Demonstrated high-level understanding of key security concepts, such as firewalls, is necessary.
- Experience with migrating applications into cloud environments
- Experience with Cloud Computing and Infrastructure as Code
- Experience with release management tools and techniques
- Background in Microsoft Azure/IBM Cloud/Google Cloud/Amazon Web Services (AWS) or a similar cloud platform. IAT certified Level II (Security+ce, GSEC, SCNP, SSCP, CISSP, CISA, GSE, SCNA) desired.
Additionally, the candidate should have demonstrated experience with one or more of the following:
- Networking: Cisco Technologies
- Network Virtualization
- Cisco Secure Access Control Server (ACS) or Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE)
- Implementing 802.1x and 802.1q
- Working knowledge of network security and cross domain separation
- Network STIG implementation
- DISA Ports, Protocols and Services Management
- Server Systems: Solid understanding of network setup and administration of diverse mixed computing environment that includes but is not limited to Linux, Windows, Android, IOS systems and server-based systems
- Network Performance Criteria and measurement methods
- Network escalation procedures through Tier 3
- Virtualization technologies such as ESXi, VMWare and/or Hypervisor based solutions
- Storage technology experience a plus
- Cybersecurity or system administration knowledge or experience is a plus.
- Ansible playbooks/scripting
Certification in any of the following is desirable:
- Cloud Based Solutions Architect Certifications (AWS/Azure/IBM/Google Clouds)
- CompTIA Cloud+
- (ISC) CCSP
- ISC2 Certified Cloud Security Professional
- Microsoft MCSA: Cloud Platform
- Microsoft MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure
- Microsoft MCSA: Linux on Azure
- Current DoD SECRET clearance required to start with the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Top Secret Clearance.
- **Must be a US citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. *Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.