- Huntsville, AL, USA
- Competitive salary based on experience, skill set ,knowledge and credentials
- Full Time
Extensive Benefit Options Available
Quantum Research International, Inc. (Quantum) provides our national defense and federal civilian and industry customers with services and products in the following main areas: 1) Cybersecurity and Information Operations; 2) Space Operations and Control; 3) Aviation Systems; 4) Ground, Air and Missile Defense, and Fires Support Systems; 5) Intelligence Programs Support; 6) Experimentation and Test; 7) Program Management; and (8) Audio/Visual Technology Applications. Quantum's Corporate Office is located in Huntsville, AL, but Quantum actively hires for positions nationwide and internationally. We pride ourselves on providing high quality support to the U.S. Government and our Nation's Warfighters. In addition to our corporate office, we have physical locations in Aberdeen, MD; Colorado Springs, CO; Crestview, FL; and Tupelo, MS
Quantum is seeking a Network Engineer to provide support in our Huntsville, AL operations center (CAOC).
The ideal candidate will be responsible for executing engineering and/or analytical tasks and activities associated with network design engineering implementation, operations, and user support. Translates system functional requirements into purposeful component level simulations in support of development lab activities, organizes objectives and approaches of systems design, development, integration and test approach within project teams, and participates in the system requirements analysis, design, development, integration, and test activities. Candidate ensures that the network complies with prescribed industry, customer, or agency standards and evaluates problems of work-flow, organization, and planning, and develops appropriate corrective actions and prepares and performs presentations at technical interchange meetings and project design reviews. Candidate will work with a team of engineers on projects to maintain, modify, and redesign complex architectures in an unclassified and classified environment. Candidate will assist in design and deployment of company/customer LANs, WANs, and wireless networks, including servers, routers, firewalls, load balancers hubs, switches, UPSs, and other hardware. Candidate will also be required to:
- Work with stakeholder, senior management, and cross functional teams in a matrix organization earning the respect and support of all team members.
- Configure, test, and maintain LAN/WAN equipment and related services
- Identify, diagnose, and resolves network problems
- Assist in the architect, creating, manage and maintain Network, Server and PC health for clients
- Manage existing and deploy new system configurations, including Windows Server, Virtualization Systems, and Desktops (Windows and MAC)
- Monitor and maintain all levels of network security internally and externally
- Assist in the creation and maintaining of comprehensive documentation for all implemented networks
- Support will include systems engineering, safety, technical data package reviews, development of risk management plans, engineering change proposal management and advising on various technical issues.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree. Years of service with AS degree and/ or appropriate IT certifications may be considered
- Three (3) years of technical experience in networking technologies and multiple aspects of telecommunications network architecture for private and commercially available applications.
- Possess expertise in network integration, network interoperability, network implementation, or network protocols.
- Possess Cisco professional level certification of CCNA (Desired) (candidate must be willing to achieve this certification within a reasonable timeframe from hire); 8570 IAT II compliance required (CompTIA Security +), 8570 IAT III compliance preferred (CompTIA CASP, CISSP, etc).
- Experience with enterprise network design and sustainment, to include routing, switching, data center, and cloud technology areas. To include ability to design network topology and document operational scenarios
- Excellent IP networking fundamentals and experience in the application and troubleshooting of IP protocols.
- Excellent TCP networking fundamentals and experience in the application and troubleshooting of TCP.
- Experience working within the parameters detailed via DISA STIGs.
- Understanding of both Cisco UCS and Dell EMC computing technologies
- Understanding of the solution life cycle from inception to operation
- Strong technical documentation skills both in written and diagram form
- Demonstrated ability to perform troubleshooting in complex network environments
- Expertise with Cisco IOS, IOS XR, IOS XE and NXOS on multiple platforms
- Expertise with various levels of Cisco routing, switching, wireless and security hardware
- Ability to influence others and identify best solutions among many stakeholders
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to break down and communicate complex issues, ideas and solutions
- Ability to establish and track metrics related to key performance objectives and service levels
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skill and strong problem-solving skills
- Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
- MUST be able to obtain/maintain a DoD Security Clearance
Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. *Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.