- Colorado Springs, CO, USA
- 130-150 per year Competitive salary based on experience, skill set ,knowledge and credentials
- Full Time
Extensive Benefit Options Available
Quantum Research International, Inc. (Quantum) is a certified DoD Contractor providing services and products to US/Allied governments and industry in the following main areas: (1) Cybersecurity, High Performance Computing Systems, Cloud Services and Systems; (2) Space and Ground Support Systems; (3) Aviation Systems; (4) Missile Systems; (5) Artificial Intelligence/ Machine Learning Systems and Experimentation/Training; and (6) Audio Visual Systems and Services. Quantum's Corporate Office is in Huntsville, AL, but Quantum actively hires for positions nationwide and internationally. We pride ourselves on providing high quality support to the U.S. Government and our Nation's Warfighters. In addition to our corporate office, we have physical locations in Aberdeen; MD; Colorado Springs, CO; Orlando, FL; Crestview, FL; Madison, AL, and Tupelo, MS.
Quantum Research Intl. is seeking a an experienced Sr. Data Scientist to provide highly specialized Signal Intelligence (SIGINT) expertise in support of Geographic and Functional Combatant Commands and agencies, as directed. The technical support areas (TSA) include but are not limited to concepts, architectures, and capabilities development; design; development; integration; demonstrating, testing, and experimentation; assessment, evaluation, verification, and wargaming; and information superiority.
The ideal candidate will perform research on various data sources, including structured and unstructured data using quantitative and qualitive content analytics. The data scientist will construct and perform complex database search queries in multiple SIGINT databases and Application Programming Interfaces utilizing Python and other applicable computer languages. The analyst should have experience and knowledge of computer science concepts, data architecture, intelligence practice, and managing data in a big-data environment. The data scientist will contribute to building new analytical tools and packages across the enterprise and will be expected to collaborate with team members and subject matter experts in a highly technical environment and process the ability to communicate technical findings to a non-technical audience.
- Designs and develops methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyze structured and unstructured, diverse sources including "big data sources.
- Develops and uses advanced software programs, algorithms, query techniques, models complex business problems, and automated processes to cleanse, integrate, and evaluate datasets.
- Analyzes requirements and evaluate technologies for data science capabilities including Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, predictive modeling, statistical analysis and hypothesis testing.
- Collaborate across multi-discipline teams to ensure connectivity between various data sources and business problems.
- Identify meaningful insights, interpret, and communicate findings, plus make recommendations to stakeholders.
- Develops algorithms and analytical techniques to improve business performance.
- Maintain awareness of emerging analytics and big-data technologies.
Level 3 Qualifications:
- Experience and demonstrate the ability to meet the duties described above.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and 10 years' experience or a Master's degree from an accredited college or university and 5 years' experience may be used in lieu of the above stated experience requirements.
- At minimum should have 15+ years of general experience in developing/maintaining databases and/or providing internet website support BS degree preferred and a high school diploma or GED a must.
- US Citizenship and an active TS/SCI with CI Polygraph Clearance.
- Experience in two or more of the following: Python, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Neural Networks, Apache Spark, Hadoop, R, C++, SQL Database/Coding, or visualization tools such as Tableau.
- Experience with AWS or similar cloud provider.
- Demonstrated experience in solving problems with structured and unstructured data.
- Experienced in applying statistical and data visualization skills.
- Demonstrated experience in performing on data science projects in multiple domains, providing new capabilities to the organization and customers.
- Ability to perform complex tasks and participate in determining objectives of assignment. This includes planning schedules and working independently to achieve objectives.
- Proficient in applying technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques of analyses containing many applications.
- Experience developing solutions to address a national security issue or provide a competitive advantage for the organization.
- Master's degree in mathematics, statistics, data science, data analytics, business analytics or a related field.
- Additional technical skills developing data science applications using languages/libraries such as TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, pandas, NumPy, Matlab, Paradigm or DataRobot desired.
- Additional technical skills and/or research in areas like text or video processing, computer vision and/or graph analytics desired
Must comply with all company security and data protection / usage policies and procedures. Personally, responsible for proper marking and handling of all information and materials, in any form. Shall not divulge any information, or afford access, to other employees not having a need-to-know. Shall not divulge information outside company without management approval. All government and proprietary information will be accessed and stored electronically on company provided resources.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
This job operates in multiple environments: a professional office environment, operational military training environment including adverse weather and terrain, and in a classroom environment. While in a military training environment, the position requires the wear of military uniforms, Army combat helmet, the use of night vision goggles, and standard Army personal protective equipment. This job routinely requires the ability to lift 50 pounds or more and can include lengthy periods of walking. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. It also uses and troubleshoots small to medium signal transmitters, military equipment, and spectrum analyzers.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. *Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.