- Huntsville, AL, USA
- Competitive salary based on experience, skill set ,knowledge and credentials
- Full Time
Extensive Benefit Options Available
Quantum Research International, Inc. (Quantum) provides our national defense and federal civilian and industry customers with services and products in the following main areas: 1) Cybersecurity and Information Operations; 2) Space Operations and Control; 3) Aviation Systems; 4) Ground, Air and Missile Defense, and Fires Support Systems; 5) Intelligence Programs Support; 6) Experimentation and Test; 7) Program Management; and (8) Audio/Visual Technology Applications. Quantum's Corporate Office is located in Huntsville, AL, but Quantum actively hires for positions nationwide and internationally. We pride ourselves on providing high quality support to the U.S. Government and our Nation's Warfighters. In addition to our corporate office, we have physical locations in Aberdeen, MD; Colorado Springs, CO; Crestview, FL; and Tupelo, MS
As a member of a team of skilled cyber security operators, you will deliver effective system solutions and formulate/define system scope and objectives and lead a DevSecOps Team. Devise or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results. Prepare detailed specifications from which programs will be written with designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents for those programs. You will provide engineering support to a cyber security team designing and implementing critical user enhancements to the existing system. As the Systems Engineer, you will be the technical lead on the project and responsible for final review and approval of all design and system documentation as well as operations and maintenance of the Development/Test and Production environments.
- Lead the DevSecOps team consisting of system administrators, application administrators, configuration management, program ISSO, developers, and DBAs.
- Coordinate for network infrastructure support.
- Serve as a principal advisor to the program on all matters, technical and otherwise, involving the infrastructure of the Cyber Security Operations Center platform.
- Manage and monitor operations of all installed systems and infrastructure for the Cyber Security Operations Center platform.
- Supervise the design, build, test, and installation of all systems and infrastructure for the Cyber Security Operations Center platform.
- Responsible for System Baseline Management and enforcement of Configuration Management policy.
- Supervise the design and preparation of responses to System Change Requests (SCRs) for approval by the Configuration Control Board (CCB).
- Plan and execute required testing for all SCRs and prepare test reports.
- Prepare System Documentation.
- Perform Capacity Planning for all aspects of the system for expansion of the supported client base with associated performance testing.
- Prepare a Disaster Recovery Plan (COOP) and conduct semi-annual tests.
- Support preparation of the Authority to Operate (ATO) package with control responses and evidence under the Risk Management Framework (RMF) IAW NIST 800-53R5.
- Bachelor of Science with a minimum 3-5 years engineering experience in Information Systems Design, Development, Maintenance, and Management
- S. Citizen possessing a Tier III (Secret or equivalent) clearance with ability to acquire Tier V (Top Secret) clearance.
- Certified information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) and possess acute knowledge and practical experience of DoD 8510 and NIST 800-53 Risk Management Framework, respectively.
- Experience in performing high-level systems analysis, evaluation, design, integration, testing, documentation, and implementation of very complex applications that require a thorough knowledge of servers (MS/RHEL), operating system, applications, database, storage (NetApp), networks (Cisco), containerization (Docker), and virtualization (VMware/vSphere).
- Experience in directing and participating in all phases of system development with emphasis on planning, analysis, evaluation, integration, testing and acceptance phases, including Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) and Developmental Test & Evaluation (DT&E).
- Familiarity with the Risk Management Framework, the experience with DoD Assessment and Authorization process for a DoD Information System.
- Experience with providing system evidence for NIST 800-53R4 or NIST 800-53R5 control compliance.
- Experience with applying higher-level business or technical principles and methods to very difficult technical problems to arrive at automated engineering solutions.
- Experience with designing and preparing technical reports and related documentation and developing charts and graphs to record results.
- Experience with preparing and delivering presentations and briefings as required.
- Capable and willing to serve as Task Leader if required.
- If performing as Task Leader, capable of ensuring the quality and services delivered for tasks assigned.
- Experience with following a mature DoD System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) within a program with extensive documentation deliverables.
- Experience in preparation of a System Engineering Management Plan (SEMP) in compliance with a government-provided System Engineering Plan (SEP).
- Experience with documentation preparation and conduct of System Engineering Technical Reviews (SETR) for government approval.
- Experience in conducting and documenting site surveys.
- Experience with both Waterfall and Agile development.
- Splunk and Splunk Enterprise Security know-how
- Tier V (TS) clearance.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. *Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform