Quantum Research International, Inc. (Quantum) is a certified DoD Contractor providing services and products to US/Allied governments and industry in the following main areas: (1) Cybersecurity/Intelligence Programs Support; (2) Space Operations and Control; (3) Missile Systems and BMC3; (4) Aviation Systems; (5) Warfighter Support and Logistics; (5) Weapon System Analysis; (6) System Engineering ; (7) Cloud Computing; (8); Experimentation and Evaluation; and (9) Audio/Visual Technology Applications. Quantum's Corporate Office is located in Huntsville, AL, but Quantum actively hires for positions nationwide and internationally. We pride ourselves on providing high quality support to the U.S. Government and our Nation's Warfighters. In addition to our corporate office, we have physical locations in Arlington VA; Aberdeen MD; Colorado Springs, CO; Shalimar, FL; and Madison, AL.
The candidate will be responsible for designing and coding large-scale interactive platforms for multiple DoD customers. Candidate must have deep experience with SOA and fluent in one or more of the following: C# (preferred), C++, JAVA, Python, and/or other higher-level languages. Candidate must have significant experience translating functional objectives into detailed architectural models and specifications. The candidate carries a thorough understanding of applicable technologies with a good understanding and experience with the full development stack. Candidate will also be required to:
- Work with stakeholder, senior management, and cross functional teams in a matrix organization earning the respect and support of all team members.
- Work with Front-end architects and Back-end architect and Leads to design and code performant and scalable Solutions
- Work with Development, Product/Program Management, and Test Leadership to plan and deliver on the entire product lifecycle ensuring tradeoffs are evaluated, deadlines are met, to deliver high software quality and security
- Drive continuous integration and deployment strategies using tools like Jenkins/Bamboo with a DevOps philosophy
- Provide Production and Ops support on a rotational basis for applications running in production environment.
- Learn, develop and follow security practices during the application development and delivery process.
5+ years' experience with software design.
Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, web design, or related field. Additional years' experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
Experience creating cross-platform applications.
Portfolio or GitHub repositories demonstrating work.
Good communication skills and the ability to act as a team player.
Strong organizational and leadership skills and ability to work efficiently both under tight deadlines and long-term goals.
Experience with audio-video equipment.
Experience with version-control.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.