- 11-Jul-2022 to 31-Aug-2022 (PST)
- Member Solutions
- Bothell, WA, USA
- 22.00-25.00 per hour
- Full Time
Qualstar Credit Union is looking for a team player to assist with our collection program. Do you have excellent communication, listening, administrative, and problem solving skills? If so, you may be the perfect person to join Qualstar's Member Solutions team!
Benefits of joining the Qualstar team:
- Competitive monthly salary
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Generous paid vacation and sick leave
- Employee discount on loan rates
- Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- 401K AND Pension Plans!
If you are still reading our ad then you must be interested - so here is what Qualstar is all about . . . We like people who like people. We spend a lot of time together so we want to make sure people who join our team are willing to make work fun. That doesn't mean we don't work hard. We work extremely hard every day to help our members improve their financial situations. But that is what makes our jobs so fun. We are passionate about the service we provide and how we are able to help our members each and every day.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Administer an effective delinquency control and follow-up program while providing support to Member Solutions Department.
- Communicate with Qualstar members regarding their delinquent and overdrawn accounts.
- Represent Qualstar's Service Standards in all internal and external member interactions.
- Administer collection program for members with delinquent loans, over-limit Visa accounts and negative share accounts.
- Review and recommend delinquent accounts for repossession, foreclosure, charge-off and referral to outside agencies.
- Consult with member requesting extension agreements of loan payments for approval by management.
- Process and review bankruptcy paperwork.
- Process incoming garnishments.
- Assign accounts to collection agencies.
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of accuracy and problem solve at a high level.
- Assist Member Solutions Manager with department training needs.
- Serve as a resource for all Member Solutions staff to answer questions and assist with collection efforts.
- Assist with creating and updating knowledge pages.
- Provide support in absence of supervisor.
- Contribute to departmental and organizational goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to use computer keyboard and mouse.
- Must be able to view computer monitor.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- High school or equivalent education required.
- Two to five years credit union/financial institution experience in collections required.
- Bankruptcy, repossession and foreclosure experience in a financial institution preferred.
- Significant level of trust and diplomacy required.
- Possess strong problem solving skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work quickly, efficiently, and accurately to meet daily deadlines.
- Ability to deal with members in difficult situations.
IMPORTANT: PLEASE NOTE THAT PRIOR TO AN INTERVIEW, A BACKGROUND AND CREDIT CHECK ARE CONDUCTED.