- 27-Aug-2021 to Until Filled (PST)
- Seattle, WA, USA
- Base + Commission
- Full Time
NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY, just enthusiasm!
We like to make a difference in our members' lives.
We work hard every day to help our members improve their financial situations and we take pride in the service we provide.
If you have an outgoing personality, great communication skills, a strong math aptitude, cash handling skills, and a knack for problem solving, you may be the perfect person to join our branch! If you are looking for a job where you just process transactions, this isn't the position for you. If you are looking to be part of a strong team of people who make sure members have products that make sense for their financial situation, we want to hear from you!
Benefits of joining the Qualstar team:
- Competitive monthly salary
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Generous paid vacation and sick leave
- Employee discount on loan rates
- Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- 401K AND Pension Plans!
- Our incentive bonus program means you can earn even more -- Last year our highest performer earned over $3,390.00 in incentives!
Use your customer service experience in a position that offers a career opportunity you can take pride in.
No banking experience? No problem! We have on-the-job training to teach you the specifics --- passion and people skills are what we are looking. You will learn the procedures and details as you go.
Qualstar Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Provide excellent service with all members' needs, including educating members with the goal of improving their financial situation.
- Assist members with questions, transactions, and service requests in an expedient manner.
- Represent Qualstar's Service Standards with all member interactions.
- Assist members with their transactional needs, which include, but are not limited to; accepting deposits, cashing checks, making payments, conducting transfers, processing withdrawals and disbursing checks (Cashier's Checks and Money Orders).
- Assist members with the setup and use of eServices such as home banking, bill pay, and eStatements.
- Creatively troubleshoot member needs with the use of appropriate resources, such as QNews-Intranet, to ensure accuracy.
- Manage a cash drawer using organizational guidelines.
- Educate members on credit union product and services based on members' needs.
- Contribute to branch and corporate goals.
- Assist co-workers with administrative/record keeping functions within the branch operations.
- Safeguard member information and participate in opening and closing processes, in line with organizational security practices.
- Perform and maintain the technical and transactional functions outlined in Branch Tier 1 guidelines (available on QNews-Intranet).
- Maintain a current knowledge and consistent adherence to Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) requirements as well other regulations, policies and processes related to the position.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to use computer keyboard and mouse.
- Must be able to view computer monitor.
- Some physical agility required.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- High school or equivalent education required.
- Cash handling experience preferred.
- Customer Service experience preferred.
- Recent credit union or bank experience preferred.
- Strong verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Possess a cooperative attitude and strong people skills.
- Capable of perceiving others' needs and relating to individuals at all levels. Requires a high degree of mental acuity, with attention to detail.
- Strong capacity for using a computer, telephone, 10-key and Windows software programs.
- Must be able to type at least 25-30 wpm.
IMPORTANT: PLEASE NOTE THAT PRIOR TO AN INTERVIEW, A BACKGROUND AND CREDIT CHECK ARE CONDUCTED.