- 13-Aug-2021 to Until Filled (PST)
- Member Solutions
- Lynnwood, WA, USA
- Full Time
Qualstar Credit Union is looking to fill our Member Solutions Manager position in our Lynnwood Location. If you are selected, you will get the opportunity to manage the daily operations of the Member Solutions department. You will develop and implement processes and procedures with our collection program. This is a great opportunity to make an impact and gain a lot of valuable experience at the same time.
Benefits of joining the Qualstar team:
- Competitive monthly salary
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Generous paid vacation and sick leave
- Employee discount on loan rates
- Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- 401K AND Pension Plans!
If you are still reading our ad then you must be interested - so here is what Qualstar is all about . . . We like people who like people. We spend a lot of time together so we want to make sure people who join our team are willing to make work fun. That doesn't mean we don't work hard. We work extremely hard every day to help our members improve their financial situations. But that is what makes our jobs so fun. We are passionate about the service we provide and how we are able to help our members each and every day.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Oversight of the department functions and staff as it relates to monitoring and controlling delinquency, processing chargeoffs, repossessions, foreclosures, assisting members with hardship requests, and recoveries.
- Assume responsibility for the daily operation of the Member Solutions/Collections department; supervise and evaluate department staff.
- Manage relationships with outside vendors such as collection agencies.
- Manage, maintain and work with vendors to liquidate repo's and OREO's,
- Monitor changing rules and regulations to make certain credit union is in compliance with applicable laws.
- Assist outside auditors and examiners during audits of the delinquent loan portfolio, collection policies and procedures.
- Work with legal counsel or agencies in the areas of litigation, bankruptcy and real estate foreclosures.
- Process and maintain monthly collection reports, determine loan losses, make charge-off recommendation to executive management.
- Hire and train new collection staff.
- Provide data for chargeoffs, loan losses, and recoveries to management.
- Responsible for creating programming requests to resolve issues or increase efficiency; testing programming changes, and creating staff updates and knowledge pages associated with those changes.
- Responsible for creating and managing service tickets as well ensuring member issues are resolved properly and timely.
- Responsible for creating or updating processes as well as system changes to address the cause of repeat service issues.
- Communicate service issues and challenges with other managers; work collaboratively to identify and implement solutions.
- Work to achieve individual goals and objectives.
- Contribute to the organization's goals and objectives.
- Support organization initiatives; keep staff informed of updates and changes.
- Adhere to the organization's manager responsibilities and authority guidelines.
- Responsible for supporting and ensuring team compliance with the organization's Service Standards and member education expectations.
- Responsible for cross-department collaboration to ensure cohesiveness between departments and staff.
- Responsible for ensuring consistent performance expectations are communicated with staff and appropriate coaching and applicable discipline is occurring if applicable.
- Responsible for ensuring staff compliance with the organization's guidelines including but not limited to attendance, information security, policies, etc.
- Serve as a resource to all credit union staff and resolve escalated member complaints as necessary.
- Professionally represent the credit union internally and externally.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to use computer keyboard and mouse.
- Must be able to view computer monitor.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- High school or equivalent education required.
- Five years collection experience preferred, ideally with a financial institution.
- Thorough knowledge of financial institution practices and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively with members, both orally and in writing.
- Must be able to pursue the collection of delinquent loans with grace, tact, and diplomacy.
- Supervisory and human relation skills mandatory.
IMPORTANT: PLEASE NOTE THAT PRIOR TO AN INTERVIEW, A BACKGROUND AND CREDIT CHECK ARE CONDUCTED.