- 13-Aug-2021 to Until Filled (PST)
- Mortgage Lending
- Lynnwood, WA, USA
- 15.75 per hour plus commission : total compensation $60K+ per year depending on performance
- Base + Commission
- Full Time
Qualstar Credit Union is looking to fill our Mortgage Loan Originator position in our Mortgage Lending Department. In this position you will use your strong people and communication skills to educate our members in an effort to save them money and increase their relationship with Qualstar. If you enjoy helping people, are skilled at selling, have a passion to provide great service, and a knack for problem solving, you may be the perfect person for the job! Banking and some lending experience required!
Benefits of joining the Qualstar team:
- Comprehensive job training provided
- Competitive monthly salary
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Generous paid vacation and sick leave
- Employee discount on loan rates
- Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- 401K AND Pension Plans!
Qualstar Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Originate mortgage loans after qualifying prospective borrowers for the appropriate loan program.
- Interview applicants in person and over the phone to analyze and screen loan requests for a variety of residential mortgage programs to complete loan applications.
- Respond to borrower text messages and home banking mortgage loan inquiries.
- Follow up on staff mortgage loan referrals promptly and professionally.
- Follow FNMA guidelines and Qualstar established policies and procedures in compliance with all laws and regulations to originate loans. Includes analysis of credit, income, property appraisals, as well as employment and asset documentation.
- Review completed online mortgage applications and prepare for loan processing.
- Facilitate the closing of loans by communicating with borrowers and assigned loan processor.
- Cross-sell other consumer lending products, including home equities, auto loans, unsecured loans, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to use computer keyboard and mouse.
- Must be able to view computer monitor.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A positive sales presence.
- A member-service focused sales style coupled with an ability to work independently under general instructions, exercising good judgment.
- Ability to work within a fast-paced, demanding setting.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule to include the potential for some evenings and weekends and shift work.
- Detail oriented with a commitment to accuracy, excellence and meeting strict deadlines.
- Ability to organize and prioritize assignments, managing and performing multiple tasks.
- Strong desire to learn.
- Solid analytical, numeric and computer skills necessary. Must type at least 35 wpm.
- Typically requires minimum 1-2 years of recent financial institution experience.
- Familiarity with regulations governing real estate lending.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products preferred.
- Valid driver's license, proof of insurance and dependable vehicle required.
- Must be/or be eligible to be registered as a Mortgage Loan Originator per the S.A.F.E Act requirements.
IMPORTANT: PLEASE NOTE THAT PRIOR TO AN INTERVIEW, A BACKGROUND AND CREDIT CHECK ARE CONDUCTED.