- 18-Dec-2020 to Until Filled (PST)
- Lynnwood, WA, USA
- Base + Commission
- Full Time
Qualstar Credit Union is looking to fill our Outbound Loan Closer position in our Lynnwood Location. In this position you will use your strong people and communication skills to educate our members in an effort to save them money and increase their relationship with Qualstar. If you enjoy helping people, are skilled at selling, have a passion to provide great service, and a knack for problem solving, you may be the perfect person for the job! Banking and some lending experience required.
Benefits of joining the Qualstar team:
- Competitive monthly salary
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Generous paid vacation and sick leave
- Employee discount on loan rates
- Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- 401K AND Pension Plans!
- Our incentive bonus program means you can earn even more by earning incentives every single month!
Qualstar Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer
PRIMARY FUNCTION: To act as a catalyst for loan follow up with an emphasis on helping the Credit Union its capture rate, while focusing on service and providing an overall exceptional member experience.
- Proactively monitors consumer lending queues, targeting and following up on recently approved/pending loans, adhering to the Loan Application Follow up Service Standards, and ensuring the loans in the queues meet these standards.
- Communicates efficiently with Members regarding their overall financial/lending needs, while focusing on relationship building that meets the Credit Union Service Standards and Mission Statement.
- Connects with Members to complete their consumer loan requests, within both the outbound and inbound calling environments. Must be comfortable adapting between the two environments.
- Contacts Members regarding pending applications in order to act as a catalyst to move the loan(s) to funding, and/or to discuss alternative loan options.
- Processes loans from application to funding, following policies and guidelines, and ensuring that the necessary documentation is complete and accurate.
- Assists Members in finalizing loan documentation and security instruments; including going over the loan terms and answering general questions.
- Ensures Members are well-educated regarding Qualstar's online services, and that Members understand how to connect with ease to their newly-funded loans.
- Prepares loans for funding and sends them to underwriting and/or funding.
- Other functions include, but are not limited to, answering consumer lending phone calls, title management, opening/delivering/tracking incoming lending US mail, and monitor lending queues, sending approval/denial documents to Members via fax and/or US mail, monitoring incoming emails.
- Supports loan funding efforts as required.
- Contributes to the departmental team and corporate goals.
- Other duties as required.
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to use computer keyboard and mouse.
- Must be able to view computer monitor.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- High school or equivalent education required.
- Recent financial institution experience in a lending position desired.
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently by phone.
- Possess a positive, cooperative attitude with a regard for providing high quality Member service.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize, work quickly, efficiently and accurately to meet daily deadlines.
- Typing speed of at least 30 wpm.
- Must be registered as a Mortgage Loan Originator per the S.A.F.E Act requirements.
IMPORTANT: PLEASE NOTE THAT PRIOR TO AN INTERVIEW, A BACKGROUND AND CREDIT CHECK ARE CONDUCTED.