- 04-Dec-2020 to Until Filled (PST)
- Federal Way
- Federal Way, WA, USA
- Base + Commission
- Full Time
Qualstar Credit Union is looking to fill our Member Relationship Representative position in our Branch. In this position you will use your strong people and communication skills to educate our members in an effort to save them money and increase their relationship with Qualstar. If you enjoy helping people, are skilled at selling, have a passion to provide great service, and a knack for problem solving, you may be the perfect person for the job! Banking and some lending experience required.
Benefits of joining the Qualstar team:
- Competitive monthly salary
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Generous paid vacation and sick leave
- Employee discount on loan rates
- Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- 401K AND Pension Plans!
- Our incentive bonus program means you can earn even more by earning incentives every single month!
Qualstar Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Provide superior service to members and support Branch needs.
- Identify member financial needs and educate members on Qualstar's products and services, through in-person interactions, outbound calling, and referral follow up.
- Consistently provide member service in line with organizational standards.
- Ensure members accounts are set up in a way that supports their financial needs and goals. This includes actively engaging, educating, and signing members up for remote services.
- Accurately handle member inquiries, transactions, requested account maintenance and applications. This includes, but is not limited to, basic teller functions, opening new accounts and shares, processing loan applications, adding account services, and resolving member issues.
- Effectively work with all departments to meet the service needs of our members.
- Actively contribute to the goals of your department by educating and effectively signing members up for products and services that meet their needs.
- With the assistance of management, encourage referral business from front line staff which includes processing applications, providing relevant feedback, and actively participating in competitions.
- Onboard new members through in-person and outbound calling efforts. Ensure their introduction to Qualstar is positive and differentiates us from other financial institutions. Continue to work with new members throughout the first six months of membership to ensure they are well-educated on the accounts, services, and products offered through their membership.
- Generate and follow-up on leads for potential growth within existing membership through outbound calling efforts.
- Maintain a current knowledge and consistent adherence to Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) requirements as well other regulations, policies and process related to the position.
- Assist in the training of new staff within the department.
- Support the daily operations of the branch.
- Other job-related dues as required.
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to use computer keyboard and mouse.
- Must be able to view computer monitor.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Physical agility required.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- High school or equivalent education required.
- One year or more of financial industry experience preferred.
- Previous customer service experience required.
- Strong oral, telephone, and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently required.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail required.
- Ability to prioritize, work quickly, efficiently, and accurately to meet deadlines required.
- Strong people skills required.
- Strong cross-selling skills required.
- Typing speed of at least 30 wpm.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows required.
- Must be registered as a Mortgage Loan Originator per the S.A.F.E Act requirements.
- Must be able to maintain active notary license.
IMPORTANT: PLEASE NOTE THAT PRIOR TO AN INTERVIEW, A BACKGROUND AND CREDIT CHECK ARE CONDUCTED.