Based in the high-tech hub of Huntsville, AL, Quantum Technologies leverages our decades of experience designing and integrating thousands of professional audio, video, and control systems across the U.S. for customers as varied as the federal government and higher education institutions.
We provide design, build, installation, and project management, and have long established ourselves as a leader in the professional and commercial AV field. QTI has designed, delivered, and installed such systems for city, state, county, and federal government facilities; corporate facilities; higher educational institutions; and houses of worship. Such systems can include complex audio, video, conferencing, and lighting systems controlled with touch screens, as well as multicamera videoconferencing systems with annotation devices.
Our experienced staff undergoes regular training on emerging technology to keep our team agile and able to provide the most future-looking solutions for the best value to our customers.
Quantum Technologies is currently seeking a qualified candidate to provide continuous on-site support as an AV technician and work in support of the U.S. Federal Court in Guantanamo Bay Cuba. Individual will test and troubleshoot audio-video systems and make repairs or repair assessments back to the Huntsville manager.
Note: This position requires Long Term TDY
Duty Location: Guantanamo Bay, CUBA in support U.S. Federal Court
Housing Allowance Provided
Car Allowance Provided
- Day-to-day environment on the Cuba site will be either on site in the Federal Court Room or in an office environment
- This position is responsible for and in charge of all aspects of the support of and possible installation of audio, video, and control systems and related site matters.
- The successful candidate needs to be flexible and able to lead. Potential duties include site management of the installation of speakers and cabling, soldering, crimping, and building racks, and on-site scheduling. This technician must maintain communications with superiors and co-workers at the corporate headquarters. They will also be in charge of shipping and receiving at the site location
- Responsibilities may also include generating system layout, inventory configuration, and packing lists, as well as interfacing with customers on a daily basis
- This technician will conduct customer training on-site. Responsibilities also include other duties as may be assigned. This technician must display a positive attitude and exhibit strong teamwork skills
- Time management skills, the ability to adapt to changing situations, and the capacity to accommodate hard deadlines are valuable skills. Common physical demands include, among others, pulling wire and cable through conduit, lifting heavy loads, working on ladders and scaffolding, and operating in cramped quarters, such as under tables or in equipment closets.
- High school/Equivalent is required. AS in Electronics or related field is desired
- Active Top Secret Clearance is required with ability to maintain
- Individual should have a complete and thorough understanding of audio/video components and systems, such as control systems, IR, distribution systems, etc. Individual should have good oral and written communication skills along with good organizational abilities. Should possess a strong attention to detail. Experience with hand tools, soldering irons and good mechanical aptitude is desired. Audio/Video concepts experience is a strong plus.
- This position's contract requires a minimum of three years' experience working with Crestron, Biamp, Extron, Cisco/Polycom, Diamante Writer, and equipment used by courtroom translators. Experience installing AV systems in federal or state courts is preferred.
- 3 years experience in courtroom AV support.
- Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. *Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.