- Santa Ana, CA, USA
- Competitive Salary
- Full Time
Flexible Schedule, Training and Development, Employee Ownership, Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision & Life
Psomas is a 100% employee-owned, award-winning consulting firm specializing in construction management, engineering, environment, surveying and geospatial. We're 600 employees strong with a rich 75-year legacy, and we're expanding our footprint for exciting growth -- which means plenty of opportunity and the added values of agility and flexibility that you can only get with a midsize firm.
Use your talents and passions to improve the environment for all humankind. We believe that Psomas is more than a company -- it's a place where each person becomes part of a team and has the opportunity to work on projects that make a difference. Psomas is a place where you can build a career -- from your first job through retirement and all stages in between. We foster collaboration, teamwork, and professional development at every level.
As an Active Transportation Planner at Psomas, you'll be working to support our continuing growth in the geographical markets of California, Arizona, and Utah. We are looking for a talented and energetic professional who will focus on active transportation projects which can range from developing concepts for complete streets projects to safety analyses and regional multimodal plans. An interest or experience in how technology is changing mobility is desirable.
- Will provide transportation planning functions as your main responsibility along with project management, coordinating technical work and stakeholder engagement, developing project strategies and approaches, mentoring and guiding junior-level staff, and participating in business development and marketing activities
- The successful candidate has a strong desire and the interpersonal skills to interface with clients and to receive mentoring and support from peers at Psomas to grow in this role
- Is self-driven, proactive, and aspirational towards managing his/her career at Psomas
- Bachelor's degree in transportation, urban planning, Civil Engineering, or a related field
- Minimum of 3-5 years of multimodal transportation planning experience
- Preparation of planning documents such as complete streets studies and concepts, transportation system plans, active transportation plans, transit plans, parking management plans, concept design plans, climate action plans, and technology planning documents, as applicable
- Experience in conducting multimodal analysis, preparing reports, and developing concept designs using guidance from NACTO, TCRP, AASHTO, ITE, or other local and regional guidance
- Some experience participating or being exposed to business development activities such as developing project teams and pursuit strategies, and proposal writing
- Experience coordinating with public agency staff, private consultants, stakeholder outreach teams, and professionals in other disciplines for successful project completion
- Confidence in public speaking before laypersons, stakeholders, and teaming partners
- Strong writing communication skills
- Competency with Microsoft office product suites, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or their equivalents
- Skills in Arc GIS, Adobe Creative Suite, or similar products
With a people-first philosophy, we continue to embrace initiatives for a forward-thinking, modern day workplace. From bright, flexible office spaces to diversity and inclusion efforts, Psomas is a company that leads with intention and embodies a set of core values. We offer competitive compensation and benefits including:
- Strong pay, comprehensive benefits + bonus programs
- Psomas Pshares retirement + 401(k) plans
- Hybrid + flexible work schedules
- Work + life balance with paid holidays + PTO
- Mentoring, tuition reimbursement + career development
- Psomas perk events, activities, celebrations, swag + more!
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.