- Santa Ana, CA, USA
- Competitive Salary
- Full Time
Flexible Schedule, Training and Development, Employee Ownership, Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision & Life
As one of the top-ranked consulting engineering firms in the nation, providing surveying, engineering, construction management and environmental services, PSOMAS, an Employee-Owned firm, has an opportunity for a Capital Projects Manager to join our Construction Management Team to support a large public agency. Explore this opportunity to join our "People First Culture" and how you can make a difference while being recognized and rewarded for your unique contributions.
We offer hybrid and flexible work schedules, a highly competitive total compensation package that includes salary, bonus programs, paid time off, profit sharing, comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance, training, career development and health and wellness programs.
As a Capital Projects Manager, you will be responsible for planning and coordinating all aspects of public works capital improvement for roadway, sidewalk, drainage, landscape, infrastructure, utility, and ADA improvements. Position will require on-site work in the client's offices in Los Angeles County or Orange County.
- Preparing project schedules, budgets, grant applications, permit applications, requests for proposals, consultant agreements, public notices, council and board reports, and other project specific documents
- Monitoring project schedules, budgets, and initiate corrective actions, when needed
- Required to direct consultant selection procedures, administering consultant contracts, facilitate bidding, and administering construction contracts.
- Assuring that project designs represent the needs of the client and conform to client policies, goals, and objectives.
- A minimum of five years directly related experience in public works engineering and construction
- Analytical skills with attention to detail including excellent proof-reading skills
- Excellent communication skills required with the proven ability to successfully communicate complex issues in a clear and organized manner
- Experience in a customer service environment
- Professional composure, approachability, and interpersonal skills
- Exhibited behavior as a self-starter and be a team player
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management, preferred but not required
- Valid California PE license, preferred but not required
Our culture is built on the foundation of social sustainability practices. We embrace this responsibility through our One Psomas philosophy and programs that support diversity, learning and mentorship, giving back and health and safety.
We support the continuous learning and development of our employees, while providing flexibility to meet your wellness needs. We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits including:
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Training and Development
- Tuition/Professional Licensing Assistance
- 401(k) Plan
- PTO and 8 Paid Holidays
- Flexible Schedules
- Discretionary Performance Bonus
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Health, Dental, Vision, through Kaiser, Cigna, and VSP
- Life Insurance
- Long/Short Term Disability
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.