- 05-Oct-2020 to 04-Dec-2020 (EST)
- BE Well
- Fairfax, VA, USA
- Part Time
If you are passionate about making a difference, this is the job for you!
PRS, Inc. is recognized as one of the 50 Best Nonprofits to work for in the US. PRS provides behavioral health, crisis intervention and suicide prevention services. Our vision is to change and save lives in our community by empowering hope, safety, recovery, wellness, independence and community integration.
We are accepting applications for a Part-Time (20 hours/week) Peer Family Health Coach in Fairfax County, VA.
- Provide outreach and support to persons on-site.
- Facilitate psychoeducation/support groups focused on health maintenance and prevention of medical disorders.
- Provide individual skill training on disease management for youth and their families diagnosed with or at risk for medical conditions.
- Develop and conduct wellness and health promotion activities.
- Provide education on the recovery process and promote opportunities to enhance the ability of consumers served to move into recovery.
- Manage caseload to include maintaining clinical records as required, scheduling appointments, outreach, and phone calls.
- Coordinate services with the consumer's healthcare team, including assisting with health assessments, attending monthly team meetings with case managers and clinicians, and reporting on family progress.
- Arrange crisis intervention through coordination with team members, including case manager and psychiatrist as needed.
- Coach parents/caregivers and family members on how to advocate for themselves.
- Must be the current or former biological, adoptive parent, or individual in the parent role who has been the primary caregiver of a child with emotional, behavioral, or mental health, and/or substance use challenges.
- High school diploma or GED; Certified Peer Recovery Specialist a plus.
- Ability to learn and teach disease management and health maintenance curriculum;
- Ability to utilize supervision to clarify clinical concerns;
- Valid driving license with clean driving record is required; and
- High degree of empathy toward individuals with serious mental illness with the ability to connect with individuals of diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds. Ability to speak Spanish a plus.
Amount of Travel and any other Special Conditions or Requirements:
- Use of personal vehicle to travel within service delivery work sites (Fairfax Falls Church Community Services Board Locations).
- Ability to work occasional early evening and/or weekend hours which may be scheduled.
"Changing Lives. Saving Lives."
PRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer