- 21-Sep-2022 to 21-Dec-2022 (EST)
- Santa Rita, GUM
- Full Time
The non-exempt job classification is covered under The McNamara-O'Hara Service Contract Act (SCA) and the contract's collective bargaining agreement (CBA). Service employees are compensated per the prevailing wage rates and fringe benefits that are set by the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) Wage and Hour Division's WDs 29 CFR Part 541 and 29 CFR 4.163(f), unless otherwise modified by a CBA between labor and management.
The Guard II enforces regulations and procedures designed to prevent breaches of security, exercises judgment and uses discretion in responding to incidents and emergencies, determining whether to intervene directly, ask for assistance as time permits, keep situation under control or surveillance, or to report incident or situation to the appropriate authority for handling. Duties require specialized training in methods and techniques of protecting controlled areas. Commonly, the Guard II is required to demonstrate proficiency with firearms and other special weapons, and to meet rigorous physical fitness standards. (SCA 27102)
- Serve a fixed post, make rounds on foot or by motor vehicle, or escorting persons or property.
- Understand and use the Government and Company provided Security policy and other directives to perform the requirements of the Performance Work Statement (PWS).
- Enforce regulations and procedures designed to prevent breaches of security.
- Carry out detailed instructions and procedures primarily oriented to ensure that emergencies and security violations are readily discovered and reported to appropriate authority.
- Intervene directly only in situations which require minimal action to safeguard property or persons.
- Report incidents or situations to the appropriate authority for handling.
- Responsive communication to the Site Project Manager and base security.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with co-workers, site management and CGA regarding operations and policies at the Distribution Center.
- Understand and meet established productivity and quality control goals associated with assigned functional area / process.
- Follow established guidelines in performing day-to-day routine tasks as outlined in Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Technical Manuals, and Audit Readiness standards, etc.
- Understand the Acceptable Performance Levels (APL's) associated with assigned functional work areas / process and work expeditiously to meet contractual and team goals.
- Adhere to government, contract, and company policies and procedures.
- Ability to use e-mail to receive and disseminate workload tasks and information.
- Maintain a safe and secure work environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned in association with established Management and Contract Compliance Plan, and workload requirements, etc.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
- The employee may be required to frequently handle equipment/supplies weighing up to 50 pounds individually and occasionally items weighing more than 50 pounds with assistance
- Must be able to exert moderate physical effort in the loading, unloading, and arranging of equipment/supplies as applicable to position.
- Ability to work inside and/or outside in dirty and dusty environments, and occasionally be exposed to hot, cold, damp, and drafty weather conditions while handling equipment/supplies.
- Be able to perform work on hard or uneven surfaces.
- Must demonstrate the ability to read, write, and comprehend written instructions, perform common mathematical tasks, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to lift to 50 pounds
- Fluency in English and be able to communicate effectively to include speaking and writing in English
- Ability to be present at work each day and work the hours of the assigned shift
Certificate, License, Registration, etc.:
- US Citizen
- Must possess or be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance applicable to the position and/or military Common Access Card (CAC) within 30 days if required.
- SECRET security clearance
- Successful completion of Security training, OSHA compliance, and associated DLA SOP
- Complete company mandated training applicable to position.
- Minimum high school diploma or GED
This job description is meant to be a guide. It is not intended to limit in any way the duties, which a teammate may be required to perform. This job description may be changed at the discretion of the company.
PTi maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment and random substance abuse testing and background verification checks. PTi is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment to include, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, training, and compensation.