- 25-Apr-2022 to 31-Jul-2022 (EST)
- Fort Dix, NJ, USA
- Full Time
The non-exempt job classification is covered under The McNamara-O'Hara Service Contract Act (SCA). Service employees are compensated per the prevailing wage rates and fringe benefits that are set by the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) Wage and Hour Division's WDs 29 CFR Part 541 and 29 CFR 4.163(f).
The Heavy Equipment Operator operates heavy equipment such as cranes, clamshells, power shovels, motor graders, heavy loaders, carryalls, bulldozers, rollers, scrapers, and large industrial tractors with pan or scrapper attachments. Equipment is used to excavate, load, or move dirt, gravel, or other materials. Operator may read and interpret grade and slope stakes and simple plans, and may grease, adjust, and make emergency repairs to equipment. (SCA 23440)
- Must be skilled in handling vehicle controls to start, stop, and drive motor vehicles and equipment.
- Must have knowledge of the safety rules and regulations for moving vehicles.
- Must have knowledge of Army Regulations, technical bulletins, pamphlets, and guidance concerning the Army Oil Analysis Program to bring vehicles and equipment to correct operating levels and to take proper oil samples.
- When operating motor vehicles knowledge of their height, width, length, and weight is required to judge clearances, turning radius, braking distance, and safe distance to maintain from the preceding vehicle.
- Must also be able to recognize hazardous conditions while operating engineering equipment and combat vehicles on tank trails to avoid damage to vehicles.
- Perform other duties as assigned in association with established Management and Contract Compliance Plan, and workload requirements, etc.
- Adhere to PTi quality, safety, and environmental standards
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
- Subject to mandatory drug testing as required
- May be required to handle equipment/supplies weighing up to 50 pounds individually and occasionally items weighing more than 50 pounds with assistance
- Able to exert moderate physical effort in the loading, unloading, and arranging of equipment/supplies as applicable to position.
- Ability to work inside and/or outside in dirty and dusty environments, and occasionally be exposed to hot, cold, damp, and drafty weather conditions while handling equipment/supplies.
- Able to perform work on hard or uneven surfaces.
Skills and Experience:
- Three years' experience operating military equipment
- Knowledge of Army Regulations, technical bulletins, pamphlets, and guidance concerning the Army Oil Analysis Program to bring vehicles and equipment to correct operating levels and to take proper oil samples.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite
- Skilled in planning, controlling, executing, multi-tasking and being responsible for the successful completion of work requirements
- Ability to effectively read and write in English, comprehend written instructions, perform common mathematical tasks, and communicate effectively
Certificate, License, Registration, etc.:
- Valid driver's U.S. State issued Class A CDL with appropriate endorsements
- US Citizen
- Possess or be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance applicable to the position and/or military Common Access Card (CAC) within 30 days if required
- Completion of contractual and company mandated trainings applicable to position
- Minimum high school diploma or GED
- Prior Military
This job description is meant to be a guide. It is not intended to limit duties in which a teammate may be required to perform. This job description may be changed at the discretion of the company.
PTi maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment and random substance abuse testing and background verification checks. PTi is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment to include, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, training, and compensation.