- Columbus, OH, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Prestress Services Industries is looking to hire full-time ESTIMATORS. This position starts at a competitive wage. We also offer generous benefits, including monthly discretionary bonus, medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 9 paid holidays annually, 5 vacation days with the opportunity to earn up to 20 days, and $5,250 of tuition reimbursement annually. If this sounds like the right career opportunity for you, apply today!
ABOUT PRESTRESS SERVICES INDUSTRIES
Prestress Services Industries is a premier fabricator of bridge products with three facilities located throughout the Midwest. Our corporate office in Columbus, OH is looking for dedicated ESTIMATORS to help build and maintain America's infrastructure. We are currently seeking motivated, detailed, self-starters who desire to join a successful organization of seasoned professionals.
By engaging everyone through teamwork in a culture of continuous improvement, we achieve excellence in safety, quality, performance, and customer service. We offer our team a clearly defined career path with an opportunity to steadily grow their earnings.
The estimator is responsible for developing cost estimates on prestress/precast concrete products for bridge and commercial bid projects. Projects vary in size and scope, based on client needs and requirements
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Review and evaluate requests for estimates.
- Prepare a weekly bid calendar and ensure timely completion of estimates.
- Generate complete and accurate estimates by performing construction document take-offs. Review construction documents and understand scope of work to bid.
- Obtain pricing for materials and subcontractor services.
- Engage in pre-bid meetings to evaluate material, labor, equipment, subcontractor and overhead costs.
- Apply cost data where predetermined standard(s) are not available.
- Inform immediate supervisor of any observed inaccuracy, omission or discrepancy.
- Develop and maintain resource information on products, vendors, subcontractors, government requirements, etc.
- Attends departmental meetings as required.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or five to eight years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, construction management, or related field preferred.
- Bridge and commercial estimating and/or prestress/precast concrete industry experience (suggested)
This full-time position typically works Monday - Friday, 8am start.
READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
We understand your time is valuable and that is why we have a very quick and easy application process. If you feel that you would be right for this job, please fill out our initial mobile-friendly application. We look forward to meeting you!